Water running uphill

Chandy

I was wondering if anyone can explain how to bring rivers and lakes back to a level surface. For some reason unknown to me the rivers and lakes have suddenly started to climb banks and in some cases the lakes are dipped in the centre i.e. a lower elevation than the rest, which slope upward toward the bank i.e. (the water in some lakes seem to follow the slope of the bank). Is this problem caused by some interference with a flatten switch? The only thing I have done in recent days is to go back to a recent Restore Point after getting the dreaded screen tearing in VC mode (again - usually fixed by turning on the Vertical Sync in my nVidia 8800GTX card settings, but not succesful this time). The screen tearing was fixed by going back to an earlier Restore Point but I have now this problem of water running uphill, particulalry evident on bends in rivers.

I am using FSX/Accelleration/SP2/FTX Blue and Gold and OZx airports (and have done so trouble free until now).

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,

John G

Hi John,

these kinds of posts are best placed in the payware support forum because that's usually the first place us devs look for potential issues.

In general it is possible to change settings in the terrain.cfg to make all water terrain-hugging rather than sloped but it would require those global changes and FTX doesn't do that.

Can you give us a couple of screenshots with coordinates or at least some lat/long points to check out? Keep in mind that not all of our water bodies are flattened though most lakes should be.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks. I will upload some screen shots on the Payware Support Forum, however I didn't think it was an FTX problem as such (I had the same effect when FTX was in 'Off' Mode). I am using FSGlobal 2008 for my mesh and I haven't had this problems since pre-FSX SP1 days. I am also using the FS Water Configurator (with patch).

I will now upload the pictures on the Paware Support Forum.

John G

Archived