Casual Cruisin'

G'day all,

Got the ever faithful Cub out of the hangar for a bit of a shakedown today. Blew the dust off, checked the fuel and oil and took her up for a bit of exercise. Flew one of my most common short hops, from Cunderdin down to Beverley, a pleasant half hour flight in the Cub. Weather was a bit iffy, as I was flying in real weather for today and it's been pretty gloomy of late, but nothing that would stop me from flying. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Leaving Cunderdin behind and pretty well at top of climb. It's low and slow today (relatively!) with this short hop being flown at about 2500'

Posted Image

Good old wingcam shot.

Posted Image

The weather's deteriorating somewhat up ahead, might need to get down a bit early.

Posted Image

Yep, cloudbase dropping rapidly as I near Beverley, here I'm diving back down to 1500' to stay out of the clouds.

Posted Image

Arrival at Beverley, on crosswind. This is a good flight to do VFR, that white silo below the wingtip is visible for miles and makes a great reference point.

Posted Image

Turning final a little high, but still managed a safe landing.

Going to continue flying around in the Cub for a bit, I'd forgotten how nice it is to just tonk along with no need to worry about nav or comms gear, or even lights! Tour of the Southwest coming up :D

Cheers,

Derek

Archived