voiceover in Fraps???

teecee

Teecee,

if your talking about a narration of your flight etc, that can be done once you have shot all the footage and organised it the way you want people to see it, you can then add a voice track or music using something like windows movie maker.  if you have msn messenger shoot me a pm with your email and I can walk you through it, or I can catch you on TS.

Cheers mate

AC

Dirty method is to set the record for FRAPS as Stereo Mix which will get EVERY sound your PC is making at the time. otherwise you record a voice over track separate while watching the actual video which will get your timing right and then import this into the Microsoft Movie maker or similar and lace it all together.

For those that are interested, I got this back from Fraps support.. looks like it would work.. Teecee

Quote...Thanks for your inquiry.  Unfortunately sound cards only permit recording from one sound input at a time, so you can only capture either the game sound or the microphone.

The only way around this is to mix the signals together with extra cables and a stereo splitter plug.  You'd then set Fraps to record from the Microphone input to capture the combined signal.

If you wanted to do this you'd put the splitter into the microphone jack on your sound card.  Then connect your microphone to one of the splitter plugs, and on the other one connect a cable that runs from the speaker output.  The splitter will then combine the two signals and Fraps will capture the mixed signal.

Regards,

Chris Van Graas

-----Original Message-----

Date: 31 Jul 2008 22:30:23 -0000

To: help@beepa.com

Subject: Fraps message: Terry Carr

>

>Is it possible to do voiceover in  fraps recording? Thanks.

End Quote.

Unfortunately sound cards only permit recording from one sound input at a time, so you can only capture either the game sound or the microphone.

Teecee with respect mate this is BULL they (Fraps Support)  don't have a clue and you could not expect them to be able to give a definitive answer, since there are just som many Sound cards and hardware configurations possible.  The simple fact remains that some sound cards WILL allow to to record from Multiple sources at the same time in the form of (Stereo Mix) BUT FRAPS may not be able to actually make use of this, and this is also unreliable and does not allow for very good quality control of your sound in the final output.

My advice to you is when recording your Video run a note taker or similar recorder simultaniously so you can mix down the audio in the final Output.

While It isn't my favorite the Windows Movie maker will allow you to record many audio tracks and then mix them when rendering the final Video.

Archived