"wunala dreaming"

737-8FE

I'm a cloud freak and I have to say that the clouds in the background are stunning.  I can feel the electricity from here.  Either that or my laptop is shorting out.  In any case, with the contrasting 747, it makes for a great shot.  It will sit on my desktop for the time being!  :) Well done.

Thanks guys! :P

Thunderhead, I would've provided a large resolution version of the shot however my screenshot program was playing up and I pasted the print screen directly into photoshop, cropped and edited leaving no large version! :D

I am in 2 minds about clouds, do I buy FEX or wait for REX and the other thing is, how bad an effect will it have on my fps.  Tim feel free to chime in on a month that looks good for release in the near future!

I am in 2 minds about clouds, do I buy FEX or wait for REX and the other thing is, how bad an effect will it have on my fps.  Tim feel free to chime in on a month that looks good for release in the near future!

I'll be honest with you. I was hanging out for REX for so many months, I kind of couldnt wait anymore as its been in progress for so long and once FEX SHD came out I purchased it straight away. Both programs will be 100% worth it I can tell you. REX is absolutely amazing it takes cloud and water textures to the extreme. And it has entered beta stage from what i hear so if you can hold on a tad longer then go for that. Both have an integrated weather engine, FEX's hasnt been completed yet. I know with FEX you are able to design your own cloud, water and sky textures which is really awesome! Not sure if REX has a similar feature but both have their advantages over eachother. FEX was about $47 AUD, if REX is any cheaper than go for that no doubt. The clouds from FEX will have a small effect on fps especially when you start adding lots of layers, but i really dont experience any performance drop in having a simple layer of cumulus scattered and a scattered cirrus layer. Works a treat! ;)

Archived