Windows 7 basic

Bassman

When starting FSX I always get the message that Colour scheme changed to Windows 7 basic because of some incompatibility. Noticed this message for a long time, hav'nt worried about it because I can't see that it causes any real problem but for interest sake what's this all about?

Dan

Older applications do not support the Aero desktop, and colour settings.

FSX is in this category

The message is normal, and can be disabled in Windows.

You will still get a momentary black screen each time FSX opens and shuts down. This is normal also.

Older applications do not support the Aero desktop, and colour settings.

FSX is in this category

The message is normal, and can be disabled in Windows.

You will still get a momentary black screen each time FSX opens and shuts down. This is normal also.

Thanks Ian, what took you so long with the reply ;D;D

Dan

Hi Bassman,

Not sure if you use your PC only for FSX or that you really 'need' Windows Aero for other reasons. It is cool, I know, but I've found that by permanently setting my desktop theme to Windows 7 Basic, I've gained a little more performance from my FSX. Probably because Windows isn't managing that aspect of it's operation anymore and thus freeing up a little memory (might be a lot, I haven't checked).

Just a little thought. Cheers.

Hi Bassman,

Not sure if you use your PC only for FSX or that you really 'need' Windows Aero for other reasons. It is cool, I know, but I've found that by permanently setting my desktop theme to Windows 7 Basic, I've gained a little more performance from my FSX. Probably because Windows isn't managing that aspect of it's operation anymore and thus freeing up a little memory (might be a lot, I haven't checked).

Just a little thought. Cheers.

Yep, I like look of Aero, but on my FSX-only rig I've turned it off. Aero doesn't do anything for FS anyway, so it just gets in the way.

Thanks Ian, what took you so long with the reply ;D;D

Dan

Consider that this forum offers support for ORBX products and your question was relating to a Microsoft product, also you posted on a Sunday (in Australia) when most people take time off to spend with families...etc. This is a great forum but it is an ORBX FTX forum offering its primary resources to those products.

Cheers :D

Consider that this forum offers support for ORBX products and your question was relating to a Microsoft product, also you posted on a Sunday (in Australia) when most people take time off to spend with families...etc. This is a great forum but it is an ORBX FTX forum offering its primary resources to those products.

Matthew, It only took 3 minutes to get Ian's reply: did you not notice the two winks at end of my post? I don't know what they tend to mean in Canada, but most of the time winks are taken to mean tongue in cheek or "cheeky".

Also posting in the General Discussion is specifically not for Orbx or FTX product support but for other general matters relating to the hobby.

However I appreciate your desire to protect and support Orbx, as do we all.

Cheers mate, see you on-line sometime.

Dan

Matthew, It only took 3 minutes to get Ian's reply: did you not notice the two winks at end of my post? I don't know what they tend to mean in Canada, but most of the time winks are taken to mean tongue in cheek or "cheeky".

Also posting in the General Discussion is specifically not for Orbx or FTX product support but for other general matters relating to the hobby.

However I appreciate your desire to protect and support Orbx, as do we all.

Cheers mate, see you on-line sometime.

Dan

Sorry about that...Humor was lost over the interweb. Not the first or last time that has happened. Didn't realize Ian took 3 minutes. Ian's good ;)

Archived