Making videos from recorded flights

teecee

Best way I can tell you mate is to grab fraps or my screen recorder pro and just hit play to watch your video and activate either program to record what your watching. but hey I am a real rookie when it comes to that stuff it took me a month to make my first video!

FSRecorder, a small freeware app to recored your flights....

then replay the flight in FSX and use FRAPS to capture it to AVI. You will need to buy FRAPS if you want to record longer than 30 secs, or you can record 30sec segments and put them together in a video editor add music etc...

Hope this helps....

I use ' Fraps " to record my flight etc , then edit and add music and titles using " Windows Movie Maker " , seems to work well , copy right is a problem , you cant just use any music unless you have the owners permission , which is fair enough , I am lucky here as I know a couple of Aboriginal artist and Chad Morgan.

It is fun to do , mine are starting to look good , good enough to upload , so others can enjoy or go nuts with me .

then replay the flight in FSX and use FRAPS to capture it to AVI....

What is the reason for recording it with FSRecorder first, rather than capturing directly with Fraps?

Greg

So Fraps will capture directly from the screen?? that would be nice.. whilst on the subject, I have DL Fraps several times, and each time I get a virus warning.. for a bad virus.. anyone else had this? Teecee.

then replay the flight in FSX and use FRAPS to capture it to AVI....

What is the reason for recording it with FSRecorder first, rather than capturing directly with Fraps?

Greg

So you can concentrate on changing views to get the effect you want without having to worry about flying the plane :) You can do it over and over again....until you get the efffect you are happy with :)

Ok I got Fraps up and running.. and I understand what you are saying Gurdy.. looks like I will be spending a little time with this.. I assume I can string the clips together and add sound with windows movie maker.. is that how it works?? Teecee.

TeeCee .. yep .. you got it in one. hit the record button every 30 secs, and then join the clips with a transition in windows moviemaker, add some audio ... save it and you have a movie ;D

Thanks to all for the input..I hope I can post a vid or two shortly.. mind you, don't expect anything in the class of the Pro's we have on the forum, it will just be a bit of fun.. Teecee.

Archived