Corrupt/Black areas around all FSX airports

peterhayes

Hi All

I recently installed FTX Blue & Gold in FSX and it ran OK - no issues.

I then installed OzX and immediately there were "balck" areas around all airports in FTX blue and gold and "corrupt" textures around all other FSX airports.

I have posted a similar post on the OzX forums.

I remember that I saw an error message when I first opened FSX post installing OzX:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have two separate HDDs - one I use for system and business files and on I use solely for FSX

One question: Does FTX need to be installed on the C:\ drive or can it be installed on a separate HDD ie the same drive containing FSX?

Can FTX be uninstalled cleanly?

Does this mean I need to reinstall FSX?

Thanks

PeterH

Hi again Peter,

for your information I have made a screenie as to how I have divided up my 2 Terrabyte of Hard drives

2x RAID 0 array

Posted Image

=> FULL SIZE Screenshot

As you can see I have installed my things as follows :

C:\ XPpro SP3

E:\ Microsoft Flight Simulator X

F:\ FS Global X 2008 world mesh and some other scenery

G:\ my "Beta" installers

H:\ my backup images of my installs, at least one from every partition

I:\ IL-2 for when I'm fed up and want to shoot at something

J:\ my Documents, this so if the C drive goes tits up I still can retrieve my documents

K:\ is reserved for one of my external drives

L:\ is for some linux stuff I'm tinkering with

M:\ is unused at the moment but won't take long to fill it in the future

N:\ is reserved for my other external harddrive

As you can see it is absolutely not a problem to install fsX wherever you like, the problem starts when you start taken files apart and parking them differently as was intended by the author, that still is possible, BUT, you need :

a.) to know exactly what you are doing

b.) you have to manually edit your Scenery cfg files to point fsX to the right location of the files again,

c.) deactivate first the particular scenery in your Scenery Control Panel within fsX that you want to move "elshwere" then delete the entry, move the folder, then re-activate the folder from it's "new" location via the scenery Control Panel again put it back in the right order (where it was before you deactivated it) and hit apply.

I hope this can help you further with your "quest"

Hi Wolter

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

I have only used the installers supplied with FTX gold and blue and OzX to install these 3 programs.

Therefore I have not cahnged anything manually either in FSX or in any of the config files.

As I have said FTX gold & Blue worked perfectly but as soon as I installed OzX this issue arose.

If you can tell me which entry to delete etc in the config files I can do that quite easily.

Thanks again for your help.

PeterH

Hi John

The solution was posted by HolgerS.

Something is corrupting the "Default Terrain" entry in the active scenery.cfg file.

[Area.###]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Active=TRUE

Layer=6

Required=TRUE

Local=Scenery\World

If the entry in the "DEFAULT TERRAIN" namely Texture_ID=1 is removed (as it was in my case) then you get exactly the screenshots as I posted above.

Re-entering this line completely fixed the issue for me.  Could Holger's solution be put as a "STICKY"

Is there any reason why this might happen?  Can we stop it occurring again?

Like one poster said it could be associated with your (John V) "icon colour changer" but I'm not sure on that one.

Thanks to everyone for the magnificent support and suggestions to cure the problem and especially to John V and HolgerS.

Regards

PeterH

Archived