Wilco Releases Harrier

Jay Kae

I've always wanted a good Harrier, but the textures in the VC look a bit crude from the video. How would you compare the VC to say, the VRS SuperBug? (I've been flying the DCS A-10c and almost all FSX planes look crude in comparison).

Cheers,

Noel.

Hi Jay!....Can you tell if the avionics besides the flight model worth the buy?

I really like this plane but without a good and real avionics systems....dont know if I have to ask my wife to borrough her plastic card :lol:

The video is a cool one indeed. Nice features on the model. Please keep reporting your impressions, guys, I'm not that military but some good releases still catch my eye (and wallet).

Wilco had some ups and downs so far and I'm glad to read about real ups then.

Off to some civilian motor glider though, have to check this one.

My comments may not be subjective: I worked on these aircraft for a time.

The role fits are wrong: RAF GR3 never carried the 4-fit 9L mod on the outboards, that was a FAA/FRS1 mod only, and was only embodied on a restricted number of aircraft, not fleet-wide.

The LGBs? I don't know what they are supposed to represent but the RAF/FAA never had anything like those in the inventory at that time - late 70s, early 80's

Red "Warning" triangles on the ADEN pods? Don't know what they are - never seen 'em.

General livery schemes - generally inaccurate, especially the 3Sqn/899Sqn offerings. I only ever saw a fuel tank with a grey nose once (3Sqn version) and that was given a very quick covering of Dark Green before the aircraft flew. What's with the "yellow" front ends on the pylons? The demarcation points do not line up with the nose fairing joint lines.

I don't know what "ejector seat" is fitted but it is not a Martin-Baker Type 9A - 9D from about 1996 - Ejection Seat.

If this offering is "easy" to fly the flight model/dynamics are wrong. Harriers, especially early GR1/3/FRS1 were not easy to fly - I crashed enough GR3s in the sim.

From the "blurb" - 4Sqn operated Harriers from Wittering - Not the GR1/1A/3/3A they didn't.

I'll be saving my money.......

Archived