Error in FTX after loading

jerdoo

After starting up the FTX application i get this error string:

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions.spb

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_thin.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_conifer1.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_palm1.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\AutogenDescriptions.spb

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_thin.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_conifer1.dds

After i apply australia i get a message saying that it has been applied but with errors:

Apply region error report.

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\AutogenDescriptions.spb

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\veg_Broadleaf_thin.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\veg_conifer1.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\veg_palm1.dds

Then i switched back to default and got no message but after switching to north america i got the same as australia:

Apply region error report.

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\AutogenDescriptions.spb

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\veg_Broadleaf_thin.dds

FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\veg_conifer1.dds

I someone knows what to do please do tell me :)

Thanks in advance for any answer!!

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

looks like you've shot your backup folder with the textures, at the moment I'm crippled as my rig went tits up,

so I hope one of the Team can jump in and has a link for 'm.

no biggie afaik.

Hi Wolter,

so this isn't a big issue?

Because when i fire up FSX it crashes when it reaches 70% when i wanna go and start flying ...

Hi Jeroen,

not sure how you did it or not, but one way or the other you lost the files as they are awol on your install by the looks of it, other option is switch back to fsX default via the FTXcentral Control Panel then delete the entire ORBX folder and if you have Acceleration use that DVD and run a repair,the originals will be reinstalled again on your fsX install.

then run your installers for the various FTX products again, make sure you check that you have the latest updates as well check that out here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Hi Jeroen,

not sure how you did it or not, but one way or the other you lost the files as they are awol on your install by the looks of it, other option is switch back to fsX default via the FTXcentral Control Panel then delete the entire ORBX folder and if you have Acceleration use that DVD and run a repair,the originals will be reinstalled again on your fsX install.

then run your installers for the various FTX products again, make sure you check that you have the latest updates as well check that out here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Hi Wolter,

wow, wonder how those files got deleted, it amazes me since i didn't do anything other then update the new patch SP4 which got released.

Now after 4 hours the system diid finish restoring so i'm back in the air.

Not updating it again though cause 4hours not flying is a pain.

Thanks for the quick reply Wolter!!

Regards,

Hello Jeroen,

I'm trying to figure out whats going on here, but the info is light

Those errors normally pop up up if you do not have FSX SP1/2 or GOLD/Acceleration installed, but now your saying it happened after installing SP4? if so what was FTXcentral set too when you installed?

I also notice you have installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is fraught with permissions/access problems like you described

Did you run the SP4 installer as 'Admin'?, and is FTXcentral set to run 'as admin' also?

Cheers

Tim

Hello Jeroen,

I'm trying to figure out whats going on here, but the info is light

Those errors normally pop up up if you do not have FSX SP1/2 or GOLD/Acceleration installed, but now your saying it happened after installing SP4? if so what was FTXcentral set too when you installed?

I also notice you have installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is fraught with permissions/access problems like you described

Did you run the SP4 installer as 'Admin'?, and is FTXcentral set to run 'as admin' also?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

i got it working now so that issue is solved.

The problem started after i launched FTX central. It booted up and right away gave me a error in loading and i didn't switch to anything yet.

Then i switched to australia and i got the error saying that it was loaded but with errors.

Same happened after switching to north america.

Switching to default wasn't a issue but everytime i booted up FTX central i got the long error string mentioned as first.

Now i had installed SP4 and as far as i know it was switched to default.

I never run things as admin because my system doesn't give me any issues when i don't do that, everything always installs the right way so i found it strange that this error popped up all of a sudden.

I couldn't fly because loading FSX crashed at 70%, issue is gone so i'm glad for that.

I do have to install all the ORBX add ons again, that's going to take me a few hours lol

I'm not realy in the mood to update the SP4 to my system again as i'm affraid this might happen again :)

So what happened here is something i just can't put my finger on cause i didn't do anything strange or when you read this you might think otherwise.

I'm open to any suggestion so please do tell me if i messed up something :)

Jeroen

Archived