Problems with Aircraft AI

It seems that for some reason, that AI traffic elsewhere in FSX has been affected by the addition of the FTX AI freeware add-on. I have found virtually no traffic at a number of non Orbx airports and when I view the relevent file in the scenery folder, this is what I see trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI

Is it normal for FTX AI traffic to disable things in this way? Help as always appreciated guys, thanks.

APOLOGIES GUYS: OK, I've sorted it. I was unaware that the FSX default aircraft box was unticked in the FTX AI central control panel. I did not think I had to tick or untick the box each time I wanted to change from Orbx scenery to default scenery, is this waht I have to do?

I usually only toggle the AI in the FTX AI panel when flying in AU. Otherwise when flying anywhere else (like the PNW) I untick the FTX AI traffic (not the FA traffic) and use the FSX traffic with Traffic X and Ultimate Traffic 2.

So, for how I use it and to simplify it...

FTX Central set to Default: FTX International and Commercial AI Disabled, FSX AI enabled.

FTX Central set to Australia: All FTX AI Enabled, FSX AI enabled.

FTX Central set to USA: FTX International and Commercial AI Disabled, FSX AI enabled

You'll notice that I always leave the FTX GA Traffic enabled.

I usually only toggle the AI in the FTX AI panel when flying in AU. Otherwise when flying anywhere else (like the PNW) I untick the FTX AI traffic (not the FA traffic) and use the FSX traffic with Traffic X and Ultimate Traffic 2.

So, for how I use it and to simplify it...

FTX Central set to Default: FTX International and Commercial AI Disabled, FSX AI enabled.

FTX Central set to Australia: All FTX AI Enabled, FSX AI enabled.

FTX Central set to USA: FTX International and Commercial AI Disabled, FSX AI enabled

You'll notice that I always leave the FTX GA Traffic enabled.

Brilliant Phil, a great help, thanks.

Archived