Scenery library question

Goober

#1: Just hoping to get some help to get my head around the scenery library.  I’ve read how important it is to have everything in the correct order- Mesh, land class, textures, Vector Data & scenery elements.  But when I look at my scenery library, I suppose because it written or described differently, I’m getting confused.  For instance, I’ve got:

FTXAA-HOLGEMESH

FTXAU25-Scenery

FTXAU26-Shores

FTXAU28-Custom

FTXAU45-Scenery

FTXAU46-Shores

FTXAU48-Custom

FTXAU05-Roads

Australia

Ok, mesh is the easy one.

But is the rest in the right order?

I’m assuming it is because of the  numeric number order, but after reading some of the info I’m thinking I should be pairing the two shores the two sceneries & customs and rearranging the order, What is custom? Is it a Vector Data, and is shores, land class or scenery elements? Yes I am confused.  If someone can straighten me out, that would be a big help. :'(

#2: If I’m not flying any where else in the world, do I just turn everything off, except for all the ones like 1001BASE?

#3: And my last question is- if I did have a moment of insanity and did want to fly in another country, do I just move all that country scenery and mesh for that country up the list to #1 position.

Thanks Goob ??? 

Hi Goober,

the order should be :

FTXAA-HOLGERMESH

FTXAU05-Roads

FTXAU25-Scenery

FTXAU26-Shores

FTXAU28-Custom

FTXAU45-Scenery

FTXAU46-Shores

FTXAU48-Custom

the numbers are placed there to keep things in the right order ;)

and another option is, in case of doubt, goto:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXConfigurator.exe

run that applet (hit once is enough) and the correct FTX order will be restored .......................... auto~magically ;D

Hi Walter..I have Global mesh 2008 and i put "FS Global Oceania" up to priority 1.Should i deactivate the Microsoft Oceania and Australia sceneries as i normally only fly in FTX areas?

Also FS global has "Local meshes".I dont know what this term means?Thanks for all your help in the past.flylow

courtesy of this thread i've just discovered a major problem with my installation of the Blue pack. I don't have files 25-scenery, 26-shores and 28-custom on my HD ... i saved the zipfile i downloaded and installed and it runs to 570,593kb ...??

courtesy of this thread i've just discovered a major problem with my installation of the Blue pack. I don't have files 25-scenery, 26-shores and 28-custom on my HD ... i saved the zipfile i downloaded and installed and it runs to 570,593kb ...??

The 20-series folders belong to AU GOLD, not AU BLUE. The AU BLUE 1.1 installer is 814,851,938 bytes, so yours is corrupt and would not have installed anyway, so not sure how you even got it to install at all. Please can I ask you to add your Flightsimstore order number to your signature?

Archived