KCMW Video Water Settings...

Jocko Flocko

In the video here at FSS: KCMW Order Page Video Would anyone happen to know what water setting was used in REX 2? I'm guessing it's REX 2.0 or FSWC? Also, when the video was shot, I am guessing that the video maker was using Track IR or something similar to give that amazing sensation of head movement and roll correct? As well, I was wondering if the video author used some kind of camera addon like "Ezdok Camera"? The look and feel of it is incredible.

To add, if possible, since it appears that the ENB Series Mod is being used, could the author of the video share his ENB series .ini file?

Any info would be great!

Cheers

Jocko

Hi Jocko,

Yes, I’m using REX 2 Overdrive, and here are the used water settings:

Wave animation: Clear Lake

Inland water: Deep Blue

Tropical water: Color Me Beautiful

Ocean water: MyWater01

The water slider was set to the full right. I'm not sure, which water type is used at this place of this scenery. Maybe you are lucky and it is the inland water, because I guess, you won't find the MyWater01 in your settings of ocean water.

Of course I use TrackIR, and I also use the EZCA tool, which causes those little shakings and head movements in the cockpit.

You can find the used enbseries.ini file below, and if you don’t like the autofocus effect, simply set ‘EnableDepthOfField’ to Zero

Cheers, Andreas

[PROXY] EnableProxyLibrary=0 InitProxyFunctions=0 ProxyLibrary=  [GLOBAL] UseEffect=1 AlternativeDepth=1 AllowAntialias=1 BugFixMode=0 SkipShaderOptimization=0 QuadVertexBuffer=0 EnableShaders_3_0=1 UseMRTRendering=0 AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini  [EFFECT] EnableBloom=1 EnableOcclusion=0 EnableReflection=0 EnableMotionBlur=0 EnableWater=0 EnableShadow=0 DepthBias=0 EnableDepthOfField=1  [INPUT] KeyUseEffect=123 KeyBloom=120 KeyOcclusion=121 KeyReflection=122 KeyCombination=16 KeyScreenshot=44 KeyShadow=119 KeyWater=118 KeyShowFPS=106  [REFLECTION] ReflectionPower=100 ChromePower=100 UseCurrentFrameReflection=1 ReflectionQuality=1 ReflectionSourceSpecular=50 ReflectionSourceTFactor=50 UseAdditiveReflection=1 ReflectionDepthBias=0 UseLowResReflection=1 ReflectionSinglePass=1 UseEnvBump=0 EnvBumpAmount=100 EnvBumpOffset=100 ReflectionFlip=0  [BLOOM] BloomPowerDay=1 BloomFadeTime=400 BloomConstantDay=1 BloomQuality=0 BloomScreenLevelDay=95 BloomCurveDay=0 BloomPowerNight=18 BloomConstantNight=0 BloomCurveNight=0 BloomScreenLevelNight=20 BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24 BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100 BloomAllowOversaturation=1 BloomMaxLimit=100  [SSAO] UseFilter=1 OcclusionQuality=2 FilterQuality=1 DarkeningLevel=30 BrighteningLevel=30 IlluminationLevel=30 AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30 UseAmbientOcclusion=1 UseIndirectLighting=1 FadeDistance=50 UseForAlphaTest=0 UseForAlphaBlend=0   [COLORCORRECTION] DarkeningAmountDay=20 ScreenLevelDay=70 ScreenLevelNight=1 DarkeningAmountNight=0 GammaCurveDay=0 GammaCurveNight=-2 ColorSaturationDay=-2 ColorSaturationNight=0 UsePaletteTexture=0  [WATER] UseWaterDeep=0 WaterDeepness=20 WaterQuality=0  [SHADOW] ShadowFadeStart=40 ShadowFadeEnd=80 ShadowAmountDay=100 ShadowAmountNight=30 ShadowScreenLevelDay=60 ShadowScreenLevelNight=20 ShadowQuality=1 UseShadowFilter=0 FilterQuality=2 ShadowBlurRange=30  [ENGINE] ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0 MaxAnisotropy=8 ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 DisplayRefreshRateHz=60  [MOTIONBLUR] MotionBlurQuality=2 MotionBlurVelocity=1000 MotionBlurRotation=1000  [PERPIXELLIGHTING] SpecularColorMin=0 SpecularColorMax=100 SpecularColorMultiplier=100 SpecularGlossinessMin=0 SpecularGlossinessMax=100 SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100  [DEPTHOFFIELD] DOFQuality=0 DOFNumberOfPasses=5 DOFFocusRange=5DOFBlurinessRange=7

Thanks for all the info Andreas, after watching your video and others like it that use TrackIR, I went ahead and ordered one as using the mouse to pan around inside the cockpit gets very tiresome rather fast.

Great video btw, awesome atmosphere!

Andreas, I tried out the ENB depthoffield settings you recommended last night. Holy crap, that looks cool! I'm not sure I'd want to use it for flying, but I think I've found a sweet new setting for getting interesting screenshots. Thanks for the explanation! I'd turned on DOF before, but hadn't tweaked with the settings. Now that I see what they do, I'm very intrigued.

I bought the Ez Dock camera addon this afternoon and even without Track IR the sensation inside the cockpit is incredible! You really get quite the sensation of movement when it's running; I can't wait until my Track IR gets here.

Andreas, I tried out the ENB depthoffield settings you recommended last night. Holy crap, that looks cool! I'm not sure I'd want to use it for flying, but I think I've found a sweet new setting for getting interesting screenshots. Thanks for the explanation! I'd turned on DOF before, but hadn't tweaked with the settings. Now that I see what they do, I'm very intrigued.

Yes, for screenshots and videos it's definitely beneficial, and if you are using an NVidia 3D-Vision setup, you also should give it a try during flight, maybe with a DOFBlurinessRange of 5 or 6 :)

Cheers, Andreas

Archived