Katana at Darrington

rockliffe

Oooh tempted to buy it for that cockpit view alone. What a nice looking plane!

+1

Still luving the Tecnam Sierra and had to buy KAVX scenery this week. Also I would miss the windshield rain effects like with the RealAir Duke and Technam.

Cheers

Great shots Howard. I love the Katana. The Iris version is great, but the (Accu Sim like) features of the Aerosoft version takes the experience to a new level. Now if only I can manage to keep my darn wheel pants in tact ;)

Howard, nice pics but unfortunately they don't convey the feeling of the Katana. This is the first aeroplane I've bought that has a soul. (puke puke)

I know you know what I mean. :)

Hi Ron, no I agree about the pics, they were literally grabbed during my first flight in the plane. I will be posting some more very soon, that hopefully will show the plane and it's design a little better. Yes Ron, I do know what you mean about a plane having soul. My other plane that has some soul is the Bird Dog, mmm, that is such a sweet little guy! I do rather like having to concentrate on the Katana's flying constraints, such as max flap speed, max maneuvering speed, etc etc otherwise you come amiss, a really nice touch. Although I never want the enjoyment of flying to be replaced with having to learn how to fill the oil tanks and walk around doing pre flight checks. I know lots of guys enjoy that stuff, which is great, and I like it to a degree, but hopefully with this aircraft I can find a nice balance between the technical bits and the enjoyment of flying.

Archived