on the Hunt ....................

........... for Doodle bug's July 1944

Posted Image

=> fullsize screenshot

some info on this particular Aircraft:

Aircraft flown by FO. Burgwall of RAF 322 (Dutch) sq. Burgwall was credited with 21 V1 flying bomb (doodle bug) kills while 322 squadron was stationed at RAF Malling from June 20, 1944 until July 30, 1944.

Most of the kills were achieved by tipping the V1 with a wingtip, succesfully tried by FO. Van Eijk for the first time ever. This procedure soon became common practice amongst all pilots engaged in fighting off the V1, until the Germans installed a sensor that made the V1 explode upon wing-tipping, 322 Sq. was credited with a total of 110.5 V1 kills.

Depicted in original WW2-era condition, this aircraft was operated by 322 (Dutch) Squadron 1944. 322 Sqn received the Spitfire XIV early 1944. The Squadron joined N°. 141 Wing of N°. 85 Group and flew armed reconnaissance sweeps over the approaches to the invasion area in Normandy. Soon after D-Day, flying-bomb attacks began and No.322 was engaged in destroying these until August 1944.

repaint by Hans Wilms

file name : realair_nh649.zip

fsX

file available at www.avsim.com

Alltough not related to FTX, I tought to post this particular Aircraft as I know there are a substantial number of members around that enjoy flying the RealAir Spit ;D

enjoy,

8)

Uhu,

What a great paint and beautiful ss I have however, to admit that I am a FW/ME fan so I have always admired the Spit when its framed in my gun sights!  ;D

Cheers,

Butch

Wolter any chance of a screenshot in widescreen 1600x1050 - that would make a great desktop!!

Sorry Mark,

I don't have "Widescreen" just an Ol' fashioned Sony 19" CRT hence the 1600x1200x32 formaat ::)

You could save the fullsize one and resize/crop it to the required format ;D

Archived