Lord Howe Island

Beecee

I have AU Blue and AU Gold installed and working fine in most loctaions. However, a few places are just not representative of the real world namely Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island both of which are shown dead flat when the opposite is true. Also Condobolin NSW is lacking realism in the Warrumbungles and no Siding Spring Observatory shown. Is this normal or do I need to change some settings? I have a Dell XPS630 running Vista Home Premium which has more than enough oomph to run the program with good graphics.

Cheers

Have you installed Holger's (excellent) mesh? The mesh is what gives the land it's elevation. FTX puts the colours into that land. AFAIK noone has placed Siding Springs Obsevatory into FSX yet, and don't you mean Coonabarabran? Condobolin being 340km SSW of the Warrumbungles  :) .

Actually, I have seen a generic FSX observatory at Siding Springs, and it has only been there since I installed FTX (and the original freeware pack). I actually was going to wack something in with Instant Scenery when I found it!

Holger's mesh does really add a fantastic dimension to stuff, and apart from the "Breadknife" (rock formation), the Warrumbungles look pretty darn good (we were there for holidays last year!)  ;)

Hi guys,

yup, Norfolk Island will be included with FTX GREEN: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3892.0

Haven't done any work on Lord Howe Island other than the terrain mesh, which is part of my freeware mesh package. Eventually, I assume we'll also provide accurate shorelines and FTX land class and textures. In the meantime, Aerosoft has a great payware Lord Howe scenery: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=2001.0 and http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=2024.0

Cheers, Holger

Thanks all for the resonses, I appreciate the information and will install Holger's mesh. And, yes, I meant Coonabarabran not Condobolin. I was interested in seeing Siding Spring as I did some work there when I was working for the Australian National University and have flown into and out of Coonabarabran a few times.

Cheers and thanks.

Actually, I have seen a generic FSX observatory at Siding Springs

Ta muchly. Don't know how I missed that, although in my defence you really have to look for it to find it.

When I was a kid, our annual holiday was a trip to Qld (from Adelaide). On the way up, an overnight at Gilgandra (a retired farmer had his own pretty good observatory). On the way back an overnight in Coonabarabarabarabarabran ( ;D )-and a visit to Siding Springs. Then, if we went back via the riverland (and the Hay plain- instead of back through Cobar, BH, Burra), a stop at the Parkes Radio Telescope was obligatory.

Archived