Brisbane Runway blurry??? [ANSWERED - 15cm per pixel imagery]

CLett737

Hi there,

Just installed YBBN from orbx. Looks great.....apart from the runway. For some reason it looks blurry compared to the launceston airport also from orbx. I use rex also and their runways are nice and crisp but for some odd reason, my brisbane one isnt. Also I tried to change the settings on ftx aero but that doesnt seem to have any effect what so ever. I cant seem to also set the TML setting to either 2042x2042 or 4096x4096. Everytime I go back to the ftx aero software the tml setting is back to 1024..... Any ideas?

Actually....it looks like the taxi ways are blurry too.

Runway again:

Posted Image

Outside.....this makes the runway look sad to me...

Posted Image

Taxiway - notice the difference between the beginning of the airport gate/parking area and the taxiways....

Posted Image

OK, as Ian has mentioned earlier, if you make any changes to your slider settings while in FSX, your TML in the cfg. file setting will revert back to default of 1024. Other values in the cfg. file will also revert back to default, such as your LOD radius, which is by default 4.50000. There may well be other values also that revert back to default, but these are the two which I know by fact default back. So, if you are only bothered about the TML setting reverting back to default and no other values, you have a number of options. The first is to make a series of different settings that you want to fly with relative to a particular scenery. For example, you may want to have the autogen set to normal when flying around urban scenery but set on dense whilebush flying. if you change these setting while in FSX, the TML will revert back to default of 1024, as already explained. However, what I have done is to save different settings within the settings panel in FSX. I have a setting for the Aus big airports, a setting for bush flying and a setting for general city flying. Once you have saved these settings you can switch between them while flying without the TML or LOD settings in your cfg. file being affected. However, ANY CHANGES TO THE SLIDERS WHILE IN FSX WILL REVERT CERTAIN cfg VALUES BACK TO DEFAULT. Another thing you can do is to download and use a freeware application that keeps your TML setting at a predefined value. See this post  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/258476-texture-max-load-editor-question/  As for using REX runways and taxiways above Orbx scenery, unless someone else knows differently, that is not possible. Let us know how you get on.

To clarify,

The runway and taxiways are photoreal images with a maximum resolution of 15cm per pixel, your TML setting will not change this, nor will Aero or Rex. The aprons are higher resolution but semisynthetic meaning they are based on photoreal based but created by hand.

So in simple terms you cannot make the taxiways or runways any sharper using this technique, when we created YBBN we did not have access to higher resolution imagery so it is what it is.

Also, is there a way to have the rex runway on the ybbn airport as well as the taxiways? Im sorry to be so picky......

In the YBBN control panel and referred to in the manual there are a number to options to disable the photoreal runway and replace it wth a default runway using the rex textures if you have them, but still uses the 15cm photoreal imagery for the apron and taxiways.

The main reason we don't use default aprons is because it destroys the nightlighting we have spent many many hours creating as default aprons cannot be illuminated.

Thanks guys!!! I was just used to the rex runways and taxiways......all in all it looks great. Just got YSCB to so looking forward to seeing peopleflow. :) Cant wait for ORBX NZ....and the pmdg ngx....whoops wrong forum. Will be posting screenies soon to share.

Thanks again!

Archived