JaeKay's ghost?

Tailgunner

Norton Ghost will run an exact image of your FS installation ( if selected properly of course ), I run one before anything gets installed on my FS machine, that way I have had to not do a reinstall for years now to be quite honest :)

Do you need a separate external drive to handle the image?

You don't specifically need an external drive for it you can also burn it to a disc, but with the nowadays prices it's one of the better investments to get an external drive.

Don't know the prices in Australia, here they are some 80 Euro's for a 500 Gig one

Macca, you might benefit from my experience [inexperience, rather] I bought a 500 gig external drive which came with software. Being technophobic, I asked my local computer shop to install. They used the software. Result: shambles. I've since learned that there's no software that will back up FSX or any installed software without backing up the entire computer.  Which is what Norton and Ancenis do. For what it's worth, I've done a lot of asking around, and people seem happier with Ancenis.

Hmmm I seem to have no dramas backing just FSX or FS9 up Taikgunner.. or any other individual program for that matter, it is probably more likely that those 'local shops' just do not know what they are doing ;D

Hi,Cant say which is the better Ghost or Acronis but i have great results with Acronis true image..Use dedicated internal  removable hard drive for back ups.No longer use system restore.Do not need to  worry about revalidating windows or fsx.Always keep a raw validated backup of Vista  and Fsx.In case anyone is interested Acronis has a free 15 day trial http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/                Cheers flylow

Archived