Photos....

dogtrack

These were published in an aviation newsletter that I subscribe to, FlightAware. Thought some of you would be interested to have a look. As a photographer myself I was well impressed...canopy eject & pilot eject.    Arnie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

is that an f -18 no ?

That is a CF-18, which is basically an F-18 with some Canadian features designed for intercepting in the high arctic. That one was from an air show in Canada last summer when there was an engine failure during a low manoeuvre. The pilot did the right thing and ejected.

Canada is due for those new F-35's soon as the CF-18's where purchased back in 1981, they are starting to show their age a little now. Still a great fighter jet though.

These were published in an aviation newsletter that I subscribe to, FlightAware. Thought some of you would be interested to have a look. As a photographer myself I was well impressed...canopy eject & pilot eject.    Arnie.

Wow! Great captures for sure. A shame about the aircraft but hopefully the pilot got away with no major injury. I would imagine any ejection would be hard on the body, and difficult on the mind moreso.

Archived