Australia Map

paulb

As a newcomer to FTX Australia, I looked for a map of the airports, but was unable to find one.

So I have put together the 'rough' map below. The aim is to show the FSX airports plus the OrbX ones.

Cheers

Paul

Posted Image

As a newcomer to FTX Australia, I looked for a map of the airports, but was unable to find one.

So I have put together the 'rough' map below. The aim is to show the FSX airports plus the OrbX ones.

Cheers

Paul

Posted Image

There's maps already available.  If you install the OZx freeware (and really, why wouldn't you?), you get a handy little .kmz file which can be displayed in Google Earth or as an overlay in PlanG.  Have a look here... http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=32228.0

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Derek

Yes, I was aware of that. Also I downloaded the 1GB  :o very detailed set of maps of Australia.

As I am totally new to flying in Australia, I just wanted something that I could print out on 2 A4 sized sheets of paper and put into a binder. The one that I have done above is fine on 2 A4 pages. Its really a starting point - to get a better picture of where everything is. Once my knowledge increases then I will move onto the detailed maps.

I posted above simply for other newcomers - like me - who wanted something that would cover the whole of Australia on a couple of pages. An easy starting point  ;)

Cheers

Paul

Thanks I find it helpful along with google earth as one of my tours is flying down the east coast of OZ right now Started in new guinea be in cooktown by tomorrow got your map as a shortcut on the desk top ! so it is a helpful flight planning supplement ., thanx again

Thanks I find it helpful along with google earth as one of my tours is flying down the east coast of OZ right now Started in new guinea be in cooktown by tomorrow got your map as a shortcut on the desk top ! so it is a helpful flight planning supplement ., thanx again

Thanks  ;)  Good to hear that it is of use. I did tweak it slightly just to have all blue sea and to add details of all of the FTX airports - for when I get confused!  ::)

Cheers

Paul

Posted Image

Archived