Helicopter flight over Sydney Harbour

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted, but after being lucky enough to take a helicopter flight over Sydney Harbour last weekend, I thought I'd share the joy...

Waiting at the heliport at Bankstown Aerodrome, watching some Robinsons do their thing.

Posted Image

This was our trusty steed - a good old Bell 206B Jetranger. Those with a long memory will recall an Orbx, OxZ or Voz repaint in this livery.

Posted Image

In the air, looking west towards Parramatta, with Rosehill Racecource, Parramatta Speedway and the Shell oil refinery in the foreground.

Posted Image

Looking east up the Parramatta River towards the city.

Posted Image

The Bridge.

Posted Image

Harbour and cityscape.

Posted Image

Sydney Opera House and the CBD.

Posted Image

Circular Quay, framed by the Rocks and CBD.

Posted Image

A look at the instrument panel. Everything pointing in the right direction...

Posted Image

Over Homebush and the Olympic Stadium, on the way back to Bankstown.

Posted Image

A fun flight, but over far too quickly!

Great shots Andrew,  Yep EPQ was done by Steve for the OZx Bell 206 Redux that Butch, Steve and I put together.  That bird is actually really showing it's age now, but the unique paint makes it such a treat.

When I saw the paint I thought; 'what in hell's name is that?' ???

However, I'm glad I went on to view the pictures.  What a nice set.

You know, I could cheerfully live in Sydney.  What a lovely place it is.  Well, most of it anyway.  Especially the Rose Bay area just beyond the Bridge.

Smashing.  Cheered me up those piccies have.

John ;D

When I first started to work at 10 in sydney, I used to maintain the chopper links, First time i fixed one, the pilot goes, well we will have to test it, . Oh I said, Hop in he goes, then off we go down the parramanta river over the bridge, what a ride, got to do it many times and always enjoyed it.

Yes the parramatta river  seems  a real gateway  for helicopters from  everyday flights to the military  I  would say  anyone living  in the area

would be very  used  to Blackhawks  on training  runs day and night. Fantastic  pictures  of Sydney  and  suburbs.  Thanks  for posting.

Cheers  Greg 8)

Archived