EZ Walk Camera

Chandy

Can anyone tell me how to remove EZ Walk Camera from my hard drive and FSX?

I find it extremely troublesome and it has changed my camera views to the point where I can't get them back, such as when I go from say the VC to an outside view at Cooma I find I'm somewhere miles away over (presumably) the Pacific - or Atlantic Ocean. It also does wierd things to the virtual world around my aircraft, such as floating trees and hangars etc.

I could try just running the FSX disc under "Repair" mode but will this fix my problem, and fix it without stuffing up FSX SP1 and SP2 etc?

Desperate and frustrated.

John G

You don't really need to uninstall since it is not actually installed.  The issue you have is that you have the camera placed in a place you're not at.  Just start the EZ Walk program and click the delete camera button on the world walk camera tab.  That should fix your issue.

dave

Thanks for your quick reply, Dave

Actually I think I will have to go deeper than that because (1) there is no button on the interface (2) the EZ Walk Camera appears in my drop down menu when I right click on the screen (so I assume that it is embedded in FSX somewhere) and (3) I still can't use FSX without the view going all over the place and the scenery is still all cocked up. Using the Del Key on the numpad doesn't do anything, nor does any other key suggested in the Help menu within EZ Walk Camera help (the keys are unbound i.e. not used by any other function and Num Lock is 'On').

What now, I wonder?

Regards,

John G

Nah, that's not it. I have Version 2.2.

The point is the utility is still somewhere (hidden) inside my FSX program and I would really love to get rid of it - completely. Trees growing out of the parking area, runway advisory signs etc sitting supsended in the air, along with houses and a separated skyline, furry textures, grass turning into water alongside the runway, petrol bousers half submerged in a water covered apron (reminiscient of floods) and my valiums running out fast...

I have used the search function and sent everything to do with EZ Camera (that I could find) to my watse basket, but still there it is. happily sitting in my drop down menus in FSX and corrupting things.

Now I know I have seen others complaining about this program and there were solutions offerred some time ago (but on which forum?).

So I'm still open to suggestions from the 'brains trust', which of course is all you other simmers out there.

Help, I'm drowning. :) :)

Regards,

John G

Yep, that's it. I discovered this as you were probably composing your reply. My path was via Application Data\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Camera cfg. The EZ Walk Camera identifies the last entry (the applicable one) and I simply highlighted and deleted it.

I am running Vista 64 bit so I wonder if this has something to do with this utility not working on my system? However as an aside when I downloaded the version with the "Delete Camera" button (as per the example on the website) I got a file that couldn't be opened. Others are obviously having success but I'm bowing out.

I hope that someone can come up with a utilty for FSX that is at least as good as the old Active Camera and not prone to problems. I suppose FSX has changed the goal posts, which doesn't help.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

John :)

I had the same problems with EZ walk. Horrible bloody thing. You have my sympathies...

Walk and Follow is now out for FSX, it was excellent for FS9, not as good for FSX but still worth the small cash investment I think. You can move around the virtual cockpit, or around the whole aircraft, or just move away from the aircraft to wherever you like nearby and look at ai, the scenery etc. Good for off centre screenies  :)

http://www.dbsim.com/

Cheers

Krigl

Interesting. I would still prefer ActiveCamera for its simplicity. Pity that it now seems to be dead as a program for FSX. One can only hope it is reactivated. Microsost could have considered having this type of utility built in: this would have given their product even more popularity, so if anyone from Microsoft is listening....

John G

(At the risk of hijacking the thread...)

krigl,

Does Walk & Follow allow one to set Virtual Cockpit camera positions easily? For example, say one wants a closeup view of the radios or a view out the right window or out the left window, can one set these up and then use hot keys to get a quick access?

(As are many, I'm eager to find a replacement for Active Camera in FSX. The ability to custom design internal views for each aircraft's VC was a much appreciated feature of Active Camera.)

Thanks,

Mike

Ez camera for some reason has also made all my added repaints appear all white! I went in to the camera.cfg and there is no entries for the EZ camera I have 11 camera positions, I indeed also have the problem of not being able to delete the bloody thing!

Archived