Nosedive blues

Tailgunner

Now here's a strange thing. I'm pootling along in TFX - doesn't matter what weather, time of day, season or aircraft - when whatever I'm flying suddenly stops flying and goes into a vertical dive. If I'm high enough, winding in full up trim can save the situation, otherwise I'm bouncing in the bush. This is completely random. It can happen five minutes into a flight, or after an hour. The one sure thing is that if I set a long flight on the autopilot and go mow the lawn or grapple with my income tax, there's a 50/50 chance I'll come back to find disaster. The cause doesn't lie with TFX - the same thing happens in Fs9 and straight FSX - but if anyone can come up wth a clue, it's worth a virtual pint, redeemable next time you're in Richmond ...

Hello mate,

Now you say this happens with vanilla FSX, and FS9! if thats the case it sounds more like a problem or conflict with a control variable. Do you have a joystick, pedals and a steering wheel for example all plugged into your PC at the same time? i had a conflict once with a steering wheel interupting the joystick inputs....try unplugging all accessory input devices and fly using the keyboard only. If this works you know where your problem is!

Let us know what happens

Russ.

I concur with Russ, I have tried several different setups with different controllers and have had issues connecting several at once if they are not configurted either using the included profile editor software that comes with the joystick/pedals or using the MSFS joystick/pedals config manager within MSFS be it FS9 or fsx, I have the Saitek X52 and use a combination of both to control both my joystick and throttle module, I have had similar issues although not the same issue and found once I have messed around with the variables that could possibly cause the issues by a process of elimination found a solution.

Cheers

Maybe it's time to get a virtual parachute :D

sorry couldn't resist

If it's not a conflicting input , try unplugging all inputs and use the keyboard, just to test your joystick, or whatever your using, I feel if it's in both ( and X it has to be a hardware issue.

cheers

While I concur with Russ's sentiment re the Controller - might I suggest you go into the assignment Tab and remove any reference to the your other controller that isn't used as I suspect this may be the cause.

My Race Wheel Logitech G25 stays connected as I use the Clutch and the Throttle Pedals as my rudder, every thing else has been removed from both the FSX and FS9 Assignment list and I mean EVERYTHING - buttons, hat switches, shifter etc and in this way you can prove or disprove where the glitch is coming from you can go about finding a viable solution.

Just unplugging the additional controller is NOT the answer IMHO, you need to find the problem and understand how it is occuring before you can treat it.

I liken it to having an infected foot due to a splinter say, yes it may get better BUT your certainly not going to cut your leg off because of it are you.

Thanks, people.  No extra gadgets, just a Saitek Cyborg 3d Gold stick. Everything seems OK - it all functions perfectly except on nosedive days. I guess I'll have to reinstall from scratch ...

Cheers to one and all for your help.

Archived