FTX for the U.K.

I guess that means Central/Eastern Canada mid 2015  going by the polls    ;)

Just keep doing what works!

Glad you got your system figured out somewhat John (mine as well)  we can't have any "down" time with ya  :)

Dave

Guest Private-Cowboy

This will never happen but I'd love the idea of ORBX licensing the tech to other developers. The main work was to develop the tech behind the product and for new regions it is "only" a matter of getting new data and putting them through the FTX magic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if teams around the world could do that (with final approval by ORBX naturally before release).

This will never happen but I'd love the idea of ORBX licensing the tech to other developers. The main work was to develop the tech behind the product and for new regions it is "only" a matter of getting new data and putting them through the FTX magic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if teams around the world could do that (with final approval by ORBX naturally before release).

What, a bit like the eleven herbs and spices. :D

Why should ORBX do that?? Australia has flogged off enough of its assetts!!! Don't give your secrets away ORBX!

We don't plan to. If you recall we went down that path late last year and it did not work out; there's too much unique techniques required to make a product like FTX. It's not as simple as just licensing an SDK and telling someone "go for it". Holger, Matt, Marty and I solve real problems almost daily and it's a constant evolution. Yes, the initial tech took 12 months of R&D, but there is a LOT of new tech going into GREEN and RED and we won't stop there. The PNW region will have even more innovation, like frozen lakes etc.

FTX is never static, it's a constant R&D effort and a lot of the tech will be retrospectively applied to BLUE/GOLD and old regions in the form of service packs. You have not just purchased a single product, you've invested in a platform which is constantly being improved.

FTX is never static, it's a constant R&D effort and a lot of the tech will be retrospectively applied to BLUE/GOLD and old regions in the form of service packs. You have not just purchased a single product, you've invested in a platform which is constantly being improved.

I love to hear sweet words like these  :-*;D

We all are very fortunate to be living in a time of such incredible tech breakthroughs and I count myself very blessed indeed, being able to reap the benefits of what so many others have labored for so long to achieve-- saying "thanks" to Orbx and all involved in bringing forth this amazing product, seems to fall way short, certainly an understatement!

Joseph

I love to hear sweet words like these   :-*;D

Hey Bert, you're in Groningen - I grew up in Drachten till I was 6 ... small world :)

Archived