• Melbourne or surrounds
    • Adelaide or surrounds
    • Brisbane or surrounds
    • Tasmania or surrounds
    • Sydney or surrounds
    • Northern Territory or surrounds
    • Outside Australia
    • ACT or surrounds

Gday all fellow orbx users. I have made this poll to try and determine where we are all from. The reason for this is i am eventually gonna try and organise a BBQ to be held at Jandakot airport for all fellow West aussies. I think this will be a great idea to put faces to posts. Maybe other states could organise a BBQ in there home towns to bring this community closer together. Please pm me if you are in Perth or surrounding areas and would be interested in attending a bbq at jandakot.

Shane

Well that would be great thanx

John Please keep me posted of the launch date by pm and i will see what i can organise. Hopefully i can get the developers and some of the orbx team to join us.

Shane

Hey Rusty.

I am also from the Perth, the suburb of Warwick in fact. There are a number of members here who are are also members of the VOZ forums. VOZ is for FS9 what FTX is to FSX except it is all freeware. VOZ was started by John Venema (Korby) many moons ago.

Anyway a number of us Flight Sim nuts from WA got together on 1st June for look over a Beechcraft B1900C at Perth Airport followed by a barbecue at Lilac Hill Park. Head on over to http://vistaoz.org and register (it is free). Then have a look at this thread.

http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=11328.0

Nothing like a barbecue to bring out the Perth Group. I don't know anywhere at Jandakot that you can have a barbecue. If you can suggest somewhere, great. Of course the incentive of a feed put on by Orbx would bring out the masses in droves.

Let us know what you think. I will let you organise this one.

G'day mate, know anyone who may have a portable one?  I reckon there is nothing like sitting on the hill looking out over the airfield at YPJT watching all the movements and having a chinwag with the FS guys.

YPJT is my preference, but I really don't mind anywhere.

Cheers,

Hi Chris.

I meant I did not know where at Jandakot we could have a barbecue. It is not like there is a picnic area there. After all it is a working airport. I worked there for a few years when I was younger and I don't recall a suitable area and someone might get upset if we set up a barbie at the base of the control tower and start cooking snags. I am not trying to be a kiljoy.

Last Time i went to jandakot there was a public viewing area and i thought there was BBQs there. I will check again.never the less i have a ute and can bring my own for the occasion. As for voz I used it in FS9 but now i have retreated to FSX and i for 1 dont regret it. By the way i am rockingham area

Shane

Hi Chris.

It is not like there is a picnic area there. After all it is a working airport.

I'm not sure, but I guess you mean like this one...

Posted Image

...with facilities like this...  ;D  ;D  ;D ... and there is a small food outlet next door to the viewing area.

Posted Image

I worked there for a few years when I was younger and I don't recall a suitable area and someone might get upset if we set up a barbie at the base of the control tower and start cooking snags. I am not trying to be a kiljoy.

Nahhhh, no problems, you mean like these folks (see on left of picture)...

Posted Image

...enjoying views like this.

Posted Image

Sorry for the pretty average pictures, camera phone pics taken this morning...

Cheers mate.

Well, I am looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the last BBQ we had down at the beach. I remember it was at Hobart, I flew down in my glider, did some touch and go on a hill, and had a good flight around the bay before catching up with Koorby and .... er ....hang on ...

... I remember it looked pretty real ....?

Where's me pills?

;D  Hey Raveyman, I thought I saw you at Johns BBQ. The beer was cold, and the snags were cooked just right! It was a great beach party ! Thanks OrbX!

LOL

Sue

Oh that beach party...  :D I was getting kinda worried there for a while...

Cheers,

Yeah, THAT beach party.

Only downer on that BBQ was the snags covered in sand. I guess that flyby wasnt too popular hehee  ;D

(Actually, really enjoyed that mission. Was a lovely introduction to AU Blue, and had that leisurely pace to it which just made it pleasurable to fly).

Gooooood, I am hanging out for AU Green. And the YMML package. And the AU Red. And the Perth cityscape. And the PNW pack. Especially the PNW pack.

I purchased Ground Environment X for USA/Canada yesterday and installed it. Am VERY disappointed. BIG case of the blurries. Had a look at their forums to see if they had any settings suggestions but they suggest tweaks to improve the whole OS. I dont particularly want to disable half of my OS such as Defender, UAC etc - especially when I can run FTX with no blurries and a healthy FPS, as is!

Orbx are definately leaders in this stuff for sure, your technology rocks.

(While writing, if anyone has GEX/UTX and has settings suggestions, plse let me know - am getting ready to uninstall and write it off as a bad mistake)

[Core2Duo E6700, 4GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia 8800GTX 320Mb, Vista 32 bit]

Archived