Future of FTX...which way to go?

josedav

FTX is truly a very unique and beautiful creation, and at this moment I feel very sad- and, if I intend

to be honest, somewhat angry. If rules were not enforced on a forum regarding appropriate posting,

how many would go over the top offending the sensibilities of others,- eventually silencing discussion,

and discouraging participation--surely, this must apply 'cross the board as a discipline in all directions....

I was surprised and shocked as others were, to see FTX recently painted in such a reckless manner,

in light of the tremendous commitment, vision, and hard work so many have dedicated to its success--

creators as well as supporters!  One could fully expect this from the glut of so many sordid games now

seen in the industry, appealing to the baser parts of human nature-- but never from a company who has

gained such a wide spread respect and high public standing as Orbx!  Even continuing the appearance of

compromise and association in this muddy direction- I'm sure many would agree in the long term, could

only prove to be a bad mistake for a company who, has earned a very unique reputation!

For those who want "X-rated" versions, a multitude of choices already exist from companies with no

moral scruples whatsoever!  Perhaps, to many, it's a big fuss over nothing--I couldn't disagree more! 

What's the point (much less the humor) of simulating a human falling to their death without a

parachute, and modeling the nudity of those who have no shame, in a family rated flight sim?

We all experience sooner or later life's tragic turns to some degree. Many, like myself, have

seen the virtual Eden of FTX as a rare and refreshing oasis from a world of so many ugly realities and

a safe haven of enjoyment where everyone in a family can freely participate with peace.  I know there

will be those who strongly disagree with what I'm saying, but I also have come to love this product,

and don't want to see it downgraded and exploited in such a way as to have "G" and "X" versions!  Once

started on this slippery slope, a pandora's box will surely be opened, encouraging others to follow the same

downward path...

There are many extremely capable and talented prople now waiting in the wings (and yet to come),

who will respect where the line is drawn in presenting a quality product such as this, and appreciate the

tremendous opportunity and honor (along with public responsibility) to contribute to the high level of art

and ethics Orbx has demonstrated in becoming a world class company. I'm not the least concerned of a

future slow down of quality product from this unusual and strong organization!  And for those many

talented people who will be coming on board in the near future,- let alone the countless simmers further

down the line, I'm convinced common sense will prevail for the good of all- and it will be kept this way--

even if the price seems to be a short term set back for the moment! Orbx will make it fine- with a talented team

of many players, who will continue to contribute to the overall scope of the company's success. I'm sure one

bad judgment call will not be allowed to shake the integrity and direction of the entire operation!

The beauty of FTX, I'm sure many would agree, should never be compromised with the cancer of bad

taste, and allowed to erode like a beautiful dream turned bad.  I'm sure Orbx will not hesitate in this

matter to fully protect its valued, well earned reputation, and will continue to hold the respect, trust, and

confidence of all its customers, incuding peers worldwide to maintain its elite "one of a kind" status...

it doesn't require the extra tintillation of "surprise Easter eggs" (as some have arrogantly confirmed with

thumbs up) to maintain its fantastic success!

I know I've stepped on toes here-- talent I have appreciated and once held in high esteem, and for

that I'm truly sorry,  but I'm even more sorry to see it take the direction it has gone... I can only hope

along with many others there will be a "re-thinking" and return to the high road of sim art-- where

talent is used to enrich and not make poorer...

I really care about this product and its future- too much to remain silent and let the handwriting on

the wall go unanswered even on my very small part, simply to avoid disagreement with many of my

fellow simmers- who happen to express an opposite opinion from mine... So please allow me the same

consideration (how be it-clumsily) to express what I truly feel as gentle as I can-- I'm sure there are

many like myself who would never want to see FTX go the way of the jungle ...but continue to remain

the beautiful and fun thing it was created to be for ourselves, our children, and the many simmers to

come on board...

Sincerely all the best-

to a truly outstanding company

Joseph Langston

Ummmm. I understand the intent and have some sympathy, but long winded moralising belongs elsewhere...  This is a FS product forum and should remain so.

I suggest mods close this thread ASAP before this goes South.

Joseph is just expressing his feelings Chris, and to reassure everyone, it's business as usual at Orbx and we're just getting on with working on AU GREEN and YMML, both of which should be out next month.

The freeware side of Orbx will undego some changes which will simply keep that part of the FTX universe at arm's length from Orbx. We have so many internal projects underway at once, it's actually a huge relief for the core team to have a new independant group of enthusiastic supporters create their own addons without any oversight from Orbx. I am sure that lessons have been learnt from the recent events and this new group of people will self-moderate their content.

So ... please remain calm everyone, there's nothing nefarious or sinister happening in the background, just a slight change in the way we'll approach the freeware side of things ok?

Joseph is just expressing his feelings Chris,

So ... please remain calm everyone, there's nothing nefarious or sinister happening in the background, just a slight change in the way we'll approach the freeware side of things ok?

You're right and I do offer my apologies to josedav, this is quite a bit more mature place than AvSim and I should have known better.

Cheers,

Guest GaryVH-GJB

Its people like Joseph that really get me angry, I have been with Voz and now FTX since the beginning and have seen nothing and I repeat "nothing" to corrupt my morals. and after reading his long winded soapbox contribution I am even angrier. Downgraded  and exploited...what a load of bollocks!!!!!!

Not happy

Gary VH-GJB

long time supporter of flight simming

As stated earlier, everybody is entitled to an opinion, these opinions have been expressed already in the thread John started to advise us of what had occurred, I see no reason to start another thread openly inviting people to express their leaning one way or another.  John is the Director, a decision has been made, explanations offered (and accepted as far as I understand) event over, now i've got some Galah's to scare at the end of Lilydale airfield so i'm 'a strappin' on my flying machine and heading to the sky, where the rest of you should be....

Thus endeth my lesson.  ;)

please lock this as the other positive post which was showing the true spirit of the community was locked and this one is just going to make matters

worse in a REAL hurry.

Losing faith quickly,

Dave

I agree with everyone.  LOL    Lock this up please. No need to take it any further. I support EVERYONE. be it ORBX, airport builders and all the FS pilots on this forum. I check this forum probably 30 times a day. I'm addicted. Bring on PNW dang it.  LOL 

Archived