RealAir Duke

chumley

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall FSX.

When I reloaded the Duke I could not get the engines to start without resorting to the Ctrl-E option.

I then found a note at the back of the manual that suggested I use the mouse wheel on the switch and it would start. It didn't at the time. However, after a single Ctrl-E start the mouse wheel function works.

In the earlier installation I had the config set to Left/Right mouse buttons to toggle switches but this now results in no start.

Does anyone have any gems of wisdom as to how I may overcome this problem. I have unloaded and reloaded the aircraft without any success.

Thanks

Andy b

This is a test on my memory, but two things come to mind as I had a starting issue when I first got the Duke. I think they issued a patch, and in that patch was a fix for difficult starting. Also I think they mentioned when you turn the knob to start the engine with your mouse button, keep holding the button down and don't just click the mouse button once thinking that is long enough to start it. I hold the button down until the engine fires up. Those two things solved my problems. Good luck.

The only other thing I can think of if that doesn't work, is the configuration tool. It has settings to use mouse wheel or mouse clicks for switches and knobs. Maybe the reinstall has set these to mouse wheel by default, and you might need to set it up again as you want it to work.

The problem is related to the inability to istall the v1.5 patch. I have the box version and the patch falls over as soon as it starts to load.

The Duke was originally installed and it would appear others have the same problem as I with a reinstall.

Gonna chuck the whole lot out in the near future including a full reinstall of the OS and start again. Just need a weeks leave before I start  ;D

Andy b

Just to tidy up a loose end, I emailed Rob at RealAir outlining my problem.

Within minutes I received an email back with a link to download the updated aircraft.

Installed without a hitch and I'm now one happy camper  ;D

Great service from the makers of the Duke!

Thanks

Andy b

Archived