YNRM Narromine Airfield, AU Blue

Dexter Dog

Good Morning!

Sorry to pick-up on this; I checked out one of my favourite airfield locations last night at Narromine, Western NSW. I notice that the airport is not located quite right (or the scenery isn't?). The main road running from Narromine to Trangie is lying across the end of runway 04, and also runs through the adjacent hangers (complete with trucks and cars)!

I have screenshots, but no idea how to attach!

If you ever have a chance, get out there as this is one of the world's premier gliding locations. My wife and each went for a ride, and it was a most amazing experience! A wonderful little airfield with a huge amount of important aviation history and a yearly air show.

By the way, "gliding" in FSX over there last night with the patchwork quilt of farms provided by FTX below is fab! I only have to take a quick look at my personal pics and video from those glider flights to see how "right" you guys have got the textures and houses and tree. (Some more trees along the river would be good though!)

Maybe Narromine YMRM could be the next photoreal add-on??  ;D

Hi there,

thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure there are quite a few default airfields with similar road infringements and I appreciate a heads-up on any issues since I can't check them all myself. I've now added YNRM to my list of places to fix.

Maybe one of the freeware devs will notice this thread and take a look at Narromine for photoreal work.

Cheers, Holger

Archived