No big deal

Variometer

Hi mates,

While I was working on a certain FTX video, Matthias Neusinger released a new alpha version of his FS Recorder tool, which contains an 'Experimental Video Rendering' function. This function is a perfect replacement for FRAPS, and even on slower systems you can produce high quality FSX footage with stable frame rates. It's only drawback: you can only use this feature in combination with recorded flights, and it doesn't record the sound.

I started a first test, and although the flight was very short and simple, it would have been too sad to delete the result, so I added a little sound and some titles. What you see in this clip is a short takeoff and landing in a Schweizer 300CBi helicopter at Orcas Island, recorded at a resolution of 1920*1080 with 60fps. Due to the amount of datas being processed you might experience some stutters during playback on Vimeo, so feel free to download the original file from my Vimeo account :)

Orcas - It's gettin' real (cold)

Cheers, Andreas

Thanks a lot, your comments are very much appreciated. Keep in mind, it was just a first quick test. There are still some slight stutters during the clip, but I guess they result from my applied codec settings in the fsrecorder rendering dialog. Although I was already able to create full hd 60fps videos with my personal technique, which you can see in my previous videos, this new feature of fsrecorder offers some additional possibilities, and for people with slower systems this might be the perfect way to create smooth videos on their machines without much efforts.

Cheers, Andreas

A great video, but I notice the EZCA effects don't look right. I have noticed this in my own experiments - they seem sped up, as if EZCA continues to function in realtime while FS-Recorder renders more slowly.

Archived