My last for the year [10 pics]

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Well, I haven't had much time for screenshooting lately with work travel and Christmas and all, but I managed to sneak in a couple of flights today in between orders from the Minister for War and Finance.  I've been scooting around in the Iris PC-9 a fair bit, and am finding it quite an enjoyable little trainer to buzz around in.  Today's flight is a quick IFR training hop up from Moruya, along the coast past Jervis Bay and landing at Nowra Military Airfield.  Ken Hall's done a fantastic job at Moruya, such a pretty little spot, and so detailed for a freeware OZx airport.  Those guys are really raising the bar on what constitutes freeware addons.  Chocks away!

Posted Image

Preflighted and ready to go on a beautiful summer's dawn after overnighting at Moruya.

Posted Image

Cleared for takeoff, Runway 36

Posted Image

Climbing for 5000' as the sun lurches over the horizon

Posted Image

Cruising along the coast somewhere near Pretty Beach.  Is my instructor asleep back there??

Posted Image

Approaching Jervis Bay Military Airfield

Posted Image

Overflying Jervis Bay, leaving the airfield behind

Posted Image

Quick snapshot as I pass the Shoalhaven Heads, about to turn for the localiser intercept.  I think my instructor IS asleep.  He's unreasonobly confident in y flying ability  ;D

Posted Image

On approach for Runway 21 at Nowra Military Airfield and getting a bit of a buffeting from the breeze.  That should wake the bugger up.

Posted Image

Wheels down

Posted Image

Parked up, ready for the next flight.

Well folks, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and I look forward to your company, your advice, news and amusing stories in 2011.  It's been a great 6 months since I rediscovered FSX, can't wait to see what the future holds for all of us ORBX supporters!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  ;D ;D

Derek

Archived