American Express Gift card

Rockitglider

The problem with gift cards is they do not allow foreign currency transactions. For US dollar based purchasers this would preclude purchases from FlightSimStore.com. It is in a sense it is an Orbx issue because, as far as I know, they currently do not have a distributor that accepted USD transactions for instant downloads; only boxed.

The problem with gift cards is they do not allow foreign currency transactions. For US dollar based purchasers this would preclude purchases from FlightSimStore.com. It is in a sense it is an Orbx issue because, as far as I know, they currently do not have a distributor that accepted USD transactions for instant downloads; only boxed.

Not the case actually, I pay Adrian for my FSS purchases using my American Visa card in USD and it does the transaction and conversion with no issues.  I assume the issue with American express is fees, American Express are not only expensive to have as a cardholder with annual fees but also as a merchant and they are more a business oriented card versus something everyone tends to have like a mastercard or visa.  That's just an educated guess, Adrian may have other reasons.

I suspect Ryan is right, on Amex. if you have the credit you can buy a Gulfstream---a REAL one!--my sister, who works for an accountant, has just told me a lot of places here in Aussie won't accept Amex because the Merchant fees are way too high

Hello,

Yes I saw the responce but no joy, as I tried the PayPal credit card route 2 times and it charged a dollar each time to the card and declined it, seems they (American Express) won't allow purchases that are not in US Dollars or in the US. Oh well, thanks anyway for trying.

See ya, Rockitglider  8)

FSS certainly accepts Amex cards but I am not too sure about gift cards. I would perhaps contact Amex about it and see if they might be able to shed any light on the subject. The response we're getting from our processing gateways is "05 - Do Not Honour". This response can indicate a variety of issues, but most commonly the incorrect input of the 4 digit CVV from the front of the card.

Hello,

Thanks for all the suggestions, but no activation needed. I ended up using my PP account and got what I wanted before the sale ends. I bought NRM and Concrete, did a short jump in my RA Duke from Concrete Wa. to KMSO Missoula Mt. The scenery looks real good, but I was wondering which season looks the best? Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall? I did the flight with Winter season set. Does this make a difference for the scenery? Either way it looks nice. Now I need to do a flight from KMSO and a North Westerly sort of heading to check that direction out. I used a combination of GPS and Radio navigation to do the flight, great fun I say.  :D Maybe I should repeat this flight with a different season setup?

Happy Holidays, Rockitglider  8)

Archived