Edmonton Int. Airport Issue + Vancouver Int. ILS

Sir Ash

I recently did a flight from Edmonton to Vancouver, with both PNW and NRM installed. When Edmonton International was loaded up, the taxiways, runways and airport buildings were elevated above the ground.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Posted Image

Also, when I was coming into land at Runway 26R at Vancouver International using the ILS on autopilot, it was not properly aligned with the runway and was off slightly to the right. Despite this, it shows on the menu map that it is properly aligned with the runway.

Any solutions as to whether or not this should be happening and if not how to solve it?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Asheroo,

Looks like you are either missing the elevation file for Calgary, or you have a conflicting 3rd party scenery

With FTXcentral set to [North America], browse to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and check you have 69 x ADE_FTX_NRM_XXXX_elevation_adjustment.bgl files

It's all solved now. I re-installed NRM and it's back to normal now (lets just say, I was a bit lazy as to "installing" the scenery onto my new computer). Same was happening with Cessnock. I'll re-install PNW soon to see if that might solve the ILS alignment issue (if it is one).

Thanks Tim for the help though.

• 7 months later...

Looking in ADE, the LOC at CYVR for 26R in FTX is quite offset. I changed the LOC heading from 279.23999 to 280.2000 (through trial and error) and have flown it quite a few times now with various a/c from default to the iFly 737NG. Full autoland in Cat III no longer has you rolling out in the grass and works like a charm.

The version I use is HEAVILY modified from Ray Smiths work and now includes up to date terminals and parking. Works awesome in FTX as well.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

My name is Dave, and I'm an AI junkie.

Update, I looked into the current ADE file for CYVR from FTX PNW and the LOC for 26R was off, adjusting it to a heading of 280.040 and the ILS will bring you right down and onto the centerline.

If anyone wants either one feel free to pm me and I'll get one out to you.. I have an email out to Ray Smith to ensure his approval to sharing his initial work and am awaiting a reply. The stock FTX ADE .bgl has nothing changed but the LOC (how hideous CYVR looks with it compared to the good one).

Archived