Anyone running GA-EX58-UD3R with 1600Mhz RAM?

rockliffe

I'm looking at changing my RAM from 1333Mhz (3x2Gb) to 1600Mhz (3x2Gb) I have the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard with i7950 CPU. According to the MB specs it will accept, DDR3 2100/1333/1066/800Mhz but no mention of 1600Mhz ??? Is there anyone who is running this Motherboard with 160Mhz RAM? Help, as always, much appreciated...

Google ?

http://www.google.co.th/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&nfpr=1&&sa=X&ei=YaMFTeWxEI_jrAeQ7fiQDw&ved=0CBUQBSgA&q=GA-EX58-UD3R+RAM+compatibility+1600&spell=1

You could go for 2000 mhz RAM and run 2:10 like me. Doesn't have to be the latest and greatest - CL9 will do the trick and is not too expensive.

Thanks for the info Heiko, much appreicated. Sure, I have been on the net and tried to browse some categorical information, but I keep getting different advice. I have just been told that if i use 1600 ram then it will only be recognised as 1333? :( Then I have been told that if it does not recommend 1600 in the specs then it will not be compatible?? ??? Being a newbie is sometimes hard work  ::)

Archived