Garmin 1000 for the Carenado Mooney 20JX

Hi everybody, as requested here's the simple tweak which enables the G1000 (FSX Deluxe only) for the FSX Carenado Mooney 20JX.

Open the panel.cfg (found in the Mooney panel folder) with Notepad and add following lines :

(Tip - keep the original entries and disable those with a double slash //. This way you can revert easy or switch between different setups. In the example below you can see that i have the Reality XP as an option too.  If you don't own the addon, just ignore it.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[Window04]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=560,466

position=0

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

//gauge00=FsGpsCarenado!GPS_500,  0,0,550,466    <---- disable the original entry with double slash

//gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,0,550,466                <---- The example for RXP user

gauge00=G1000!MFD_c172,  0,0,510,337                <---- add this entry for the pop up G1000 (F5)

Note: those values are default, if you like to increase the pop up size, alter 510 (width) and 337 (hight)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Same rules for the VC:

[Vcockpit03]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=256,256

visible=0

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$Money_3

//gauge00=FsGpsCarenado!GPS_500,  0,0,256,215

//gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,0,256,215

gauge00=G1000!MFD_c172,  0,0,256,180  <---- add this entry

Note : the G 1000 is usually more wide (0,0,256,168), but this value makes it quiet small. I stretched it a little bit without making it too obvious - so it fits better inside the Mooney dashboard. However, feel free to experiment there. It's just a quick fix, not a professional integration.

Cheers

post-433-13020388935_thumb.jpg

No it is not a stupid question at all.

You would need to use the RXP instrument config tool to actually set the required RXPXXX.ini in the Panel directory and then edit the actual panel.cfg.

This is where things get tricky, Carenado in their panels use a mask that is invisible in the model ( you cannot edit this as far as I am aware)  that only allows a certain sized shape instrument etc to be in a particular spot on the panel.

For instance if I placed the FSX Garmin 1000 in place of the regular instruments you would see 6 separate areas where the original instruments were and the Panel background.

The same goes for the FS9 versions

The current Mooney Ovation and Ovation 2 for which the Carenado M20 is a very close match ( the bodies are very similar ) comes fitted with a glass cockpit. So the answer to your ouestion is yes they are fitted as standard.   Ovation 3 Cockpit shownPosted Image

I see no reason why there would not be a few Moonies around that have up to date Glass panels whether they be Garmin or Avadyne etc.

Movie

Archived