Add me to the NRM download and install errors

CBris

I guess your servers are overloaded? I have downloaded multi GB files before. This is the first time I have had problems with multi-parters. On unzipping I get warnings for 8 or 9 corrupted parts.

Gozilla has taken 6 hours to get me a zip file on my HD (the downnload drive is 250 GB with 80 free. My FSX drive is 1TB and there are 6-700GB free.

Gozilla had several crashes during the DL. Windows DL manager couldn't cope at all. I have a 16GB internet connection and I tried the backup and alternative servers - 3.3 GB should whistle down the wires for me. Most of the time the server let me have less than 100 KBS at best 900 KBS (rare) On other shop servers I can and do get 1400 KBS

This is primarily to give you some diagnostic information - I guess there are going to be a few more remarks about the DL and install in the coming hours. I am off to bed. In the morning I will check the zip file and see which parts - then download one at a time.

Will keep you informed. Good luck!

Looking at the amount of sales and downloads it is less than 0.2% that is actually having issues, all three servers (and systems) are delivering at medium capacity so I will go and have a dig for your IP and see what I can come up with, I will update the topic later

UPDATE: After some tracing and searching in logs, found out that you are with Deutsche Telekom and for whatever reason on some accounts/IPs Telekom limits connectivity to our servers. I am really thinking of buying a German server because you are not the first one with the issue and certainly not the last unless I do something about it I guess.

For the moment there is not much I can do, apart from having written Telekom yet another email with your IP included and our server DNS's and ask them to lift the throttle. Comcast in Canada is next.

Interesting...

Maybe that also explains why the "notification" e-mails for "forum posts" here and OzX, the Nemeth forums and the shop all get a "spam" label. I regularly have to tell my mail server (via the Junk mail button in Outlook) that Orbx mail is not spam. Works well for a day or a week and then all your notification mail is "spam" again.

Good luck.

In the meantime I have DL the "corrupted" files singly. Maybe there's a tip here - I had five corrupted last night and DL was taking ages on the single zip DL

The five files downloaded singly (200 MB each, i.e. 1GB) came down the telecom lines at full telecom speeds (16000 Kbit/sec)

Perhaps worth a mention to Europe / Germany customers? (Lordy, that just blistered!) Anyway - installing now. Fingers crossed that I don't encounter the other issues. Now where's that manual...

Here's one source of errors... after install, the installer calls FTX Central and fails - see the attached picture and take note - the installer has a typo.

Posted Image

There's a missing forward slash in the path.

There's nothing wrong with the installer code - it's identical to the PNW code and runs perfectly on about 99% of customers' PCs.  For some reason we're at odds to explain, it does not seem to resolve the FSX path for some people and it's more than likely environmental on your PC. Easy solution is to just run FTX Central and select 'Default' then select 'North America'.

Ah yes, it is not all Telekom sections that do it, it is in certain states where I have problems with them, same with BT in England with counties and... well anyone who has ever called a telecom company for assistance can just imagine the grief they give me over this. A while back TPG here in Australia thought it was a good idea to blacklist www.aussiex.org and www.fullterrain.com for whatever reason

Here's one source of errors... after install, the installer calls FTX Central and fails - see the attached picture and take note - the installer has a typo.

Posted Image

There's a missing forward slash in the path.

I have exactly the same error at the end of the installation.

Anyway I have just close the window and use an other link of FTX central to make it run. FTX central works correctly.

Franck

There's nothing wrong with the installer code - it's identical to the PNW code and runs perfectly on about 99% of customers' PCs.  For some reason we're at odds to explain, it does not seem to resolve the FSX path for some people and it's more than likely environmental on your PC. Easy solution is to just run FTX Central and select 'Default' then select 'North America'.

If the code is identical, why is NRM causing this problem on my PC when PNW/PFJ is not?

Workaround isn't hard to do, just curious.

The installer problem is surely not just me? I have absolutely no say in the path for the installer to follow - it even says so in the manual. There is a backslash missing "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and "ORBX"

It's certainly there when I resolve in explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral

But of course - I do not appreciate how an installer is programmed; and I certainly promise that I did not do anything to change the path myself. Of course FTX central works from the start menu and other shortcuts. I did not post this to annoy you guys. Sorry if that's the impression you get.

Ah - I see that trisager has the same...

I am having the exact same error message. I have found that file exactly where it is supposed to be. I have tried running FTX central on default and back to NA as suggested, no joy. I was trying to fly from BU4 and that airport is not available on the selection menu. This is the most challenging FTX install I have run. I love your stuff and WANT to fly here!! Help us please!!!

Scott Sinclair

FSS0088819

I am having the exact same error message. I have found that file exactly where it is supposed to be. I have tried running FTX central on default and back to NA as suggested, no joy. I was trying to fly from BU4 and that airport is not available on the selection menu. This is the most challenging FTX install I have run. I love your stuff and WANT to fly here!! Help us please!!!

Scott Sinclair

FSS0088819

Scott, do not add a support request by piggy-backing to another topic - that's a sure-fire way to get your request lost and unanswered. You need to create a new topic in order to get it resolved personally for you.

@CBris - not sure why you get the impression we're annoyed - we're not. The message you see in the installer text is not a reflection of the actual path, it's just the message the installer's internal error handling code throws up - we're just using an off-the-shelf installer application to which we feed the FSX root folder location, using the standard Windows registry key that all our installers use.

In order for us to establish the difference between your environment and that of all the tester PCs (and the 99% of NRM customers), we'll need to know your OS version, whether's it's 32-bit or 64-bit, if you have any anti-virus or firewall software running, etc etc.

I hope you can appreciate that we're sort of powerless to find out the culprit if we cannot reproduce this behaviour on any of our PCs. If we could, we'd be able to fix the problem pronto :)

Windows 7, 64 bit.

It just seems mighty strange that it appears to only be my PC that has "lost" this one "\" it's something that could cause my paranoia to increase ;)

Let's call the matter closed, but if you come across a "why" in the future, it would be nice to know.

Hi

I remeber having the same problem during PNW installation  before I added the missing \ in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath value using one of the

FSX Registry Utility

Since then no problem wit all the following installations

Here Windows Vista 32 with the Italian version of FSX Acceleration

Cheers

Hi

I remeber having the same problem during PNW installation  before I added the missing \ in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath value using one of the

FSX Registry Utility

Since then no problem wit all the following installations

Here Windows Vista 32 with the Italian version of FSX Acceleration

Cheers

That is very interesting, thanks for letting us know; it's the most vital clue yet :)

Archived