Saitek sensitivity...

rockliffe

Hi guys, I suppose I should subscribe to the Saitek forum, but there are so many 'good guys' on my home forum that I thought someone may be able to help. I have just recently got hold of the Saitek x52 pro controller and have soem issues with the sensitivity, especially with rudder control and elevator. I cannot find a way of decreasing the sensitivity. It's not the deadzone which needs changing, this I understand, but the actual seinsitivity I am finding difficult to change. I thought someone over here may know the answer  ;)

Thanks guys... but, what exactly is FSUIPC, is it a thrird party calibration tool? Sorry to sound daft, but as a newbie a lot of things talked about on the forums I have not heard of. Most importantly of all, is it easy to operate?

Rockcliffe

FSUIPC4 for FSX is basically an app that interprets various parameters from FSX eg Joystick axes, buttons and keys and then can interpret and calibrate any axis, possible better that the default Windows calibrator.

If you fly simple planes, (ie GA) like I do, I usually allocate all of my AXES, buttons and keys in FSX where I can, and assign such items as  'gear up and down', 'flaps', elevator trim in FSUIPC4.  I calibrate in Windows and 'fine tune' in FSUIPC4.

There is NO advantage assigning a control in FSUIPC4 rather than assigning it FSX.  Except that in FSUIPC you can assign controls on an aircraft specific basis and that can save a lot of time and energy.

If you fly complex planes or need a lot of complex commands you can assign everything via FSUIPC4 and calibrate in there too.

One caveat you must NOT have any duplicate assignments in FSX and FSUIPC4 as that can cause problems - so you need to check that you don't have an axis assigned in FSX to your mouse for example.

Pete Dowson the FSUIPC developer and guru runs a forum on simflight.  But be aware make sure you read the manual before posting there and have the latest version installed.

LINK; http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

In my X52 I set the sensitivity full right (100) and the null zone full left (0) and then set the "slope" in FSUIPC4 calibration and that works well, eg landing the VRS Superbug on a carrier.  I find that with the X52 the lightest of touches is the way to fly.

Regards

PeterH

Hi Peter, many thanks for the explanation, that was kind of you to take the time to explain it so well. It sounds as though it could be right for me. Now I have a little more knowledge I can store it away  :D Today is the big day when I pull my PC apart, install a Hyper 212 Plus cooler and take the first step in overclocking my i7 :D:-\ Fingers crossed!

Rockliffe

Thanks for your kind comments.  I have been using FSUIPC for years and just find it to be invaluable.  The only minor  issue is that NOT all of the axes on the X52 are available in FSX unless you use the SST software - but that's a limitation of FSX.

Regards

PeterH

Archived