Exploring W Australia

Rob Abernathy

I should be flying around KORS to enjoy it once more before the much anticipated new scenery release, but I'm in OZ instead!  The OZx 3.3 did it.  :P 

Hats off to the whole team for such outstanding scenery development.  I went to Bunbury (YBUN) and went on a little sight seeing tour of the area.  I was amazed at the level of detail and photoreal textures.  Came across this lumber yard complex and saw the smoke/steam coming out of the stacks.  It's not even the airport itself, but oozes realism.  The race track, goKart track, prison (I think), it's all there.

Posted Image

I moved inland and started at YKNG-Katanning, flew through the countryside past Woodaniling on the way to Wagin- YWEN.  The detail along the way blew my mind.  I used Hwy 120 for VFR route passing Norring Lake, Salt Lake, and Lime Lake.  The way the photo real textures blend into the other more generic (if you can even call them generic) textures is superb.  There was even a train at Wagin waiting for cargo and the odd pax.  ;-)  Well done!    ;D

[img width=1160 height=604]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/236Wagin_YWGN.jpg

Archived