Saitek Evo Force throttle problem

Tassie

I have found after turning my computer on recently that the throttle function does not work.

I have tried recalibrating it, it shows to be working but does not operate in a flight.

I have tried the Saitek site which advises this

"If you are having trouble with calibration in Flight Simulator and your controller seems to be ok in the test screen of Game Controllers; then you might need to rebuild the config (cfg) file:

To rebuild the Flight Simulator config file, firstly press and hold down CTRL+SHIFT, then start Flight Simulator and start a new flight. Continue to hold down CTRL+SHIFT until the game is in Cockpit view. You can then let go of the CTRL+SHIFT keys.

This will reset all the controls in the simulator: so you will need to move the controller in the full range of movement, for all the axis at least 4 times.

Note when you rebuild the config file, some of your joystick settings may change. This should work for FS2002, FS2004 (FS9) and FSX "

I gave it a go but no difference. I have tried the latest driver but still the same.

Anyone had the same problem? Win 7 64 bit

Hi Bjorn, thanks for your suggestion. I have read a few reviews on that program and it seems to cause FSX to crash, the last thing I need.

I would rather try and rectify the cause of my problem as I have been using this joystick for a long time and on many different computers.

Cheers, Rick

Hi Bjorn, thanks for your suggestion. I have read a few reviews on that program and it seems to cause FSX to crash, the last thing I need.

I would rather try and rectify the cause of my problem as I have been using this joystick for a long time and on many different computers.

Cheers, Rick

Well, as you said "a few". You can read a few bad reviews on everything out there. You´ll probably find many more reviews on Saitek software warning you to stay away from it, if you do a search. ;)

Good luck

B

Tassie

I have found after turning my computer on recently that the throttle function does not work. - Have you changed the sensitivity or null zone settings in FSX/SST?

I have tried recalibrating it, it shows to be working but does not operate in a flight  - Where did you calibrate it? Windows or Saitek SST?

Have you tried unplugging all of your controllers closing down the PC - reboot and the plug the controllers back in in different USB ports?

Have you tried a "clean" boot (Google) to see if the controllers work?

You may have a corrupt standard.xml file so that may need rebuilding.

Checked the throttle for faults (hardware)

BTW FSUIPC4 could not possibly crash FSX it doesn't work that way.

Its a mystery - GRush Shakespeare in Love.

Regards

PeterH

I agree with Peter, any time I have communication issues with any of my many peripheral devices, I unplug and wait for the disconnect ding dong then reconnect and it usually solves my issues.  I also agree I don't use any of Saitek's included software on my X52, I program it straight from FSX.

Do Saitek issue drivers with their products then?  I only ever plug the USB in and the computer does the rest!

I have the Saitek throttle quadrant at the moment - perfect, and did have the Saitek Evo Joystick until I managed to get hold of a second hand old Microsoft Force Feedback Two at the beginning of the year - what a difference that's made to my heli flying!  I can even land the damned things now.

I have Vista 64x but imagine that Windows 7 isn't vastly different on this subject, so I agree, the best thing to do is uninstall the throttle in the usual way and start again by simply plugging it in and letting it install itself.

I suggest uninstalling the throttle first because I think that will probably get rid of the errant software that's causing the malfunction.

John

John

Thanks all for your suggestions. I have tried unplugging and reinserting in a different USB, I have uninstalled any Saitek software and then let

Win 7 reinstall it but still the same problem. I have e-mailed Saitek support but am still waiting for a reply. Will keep you posted.

Regards, Rick

Hi all,

no response from Saitek, drops their products down the list for future purchase.

Have installed FSUIP ( registered ) no change, so I will dismantle the Cyborg and see if there are any contacts that

can be cleaned. If not it looks like a new Joystick, and " it won't be a Saitek "

Archived