FTX Beta Shots 0055-0071

Hi John,

The 6th screenshot took me a while to digest that it wasn't a real photo ! The DC2 even looked real, as with the sun,clouds and ground textures were bejond belief ! :o

Stunning work. I think it would be the best shot for a screenshot competion anywhere.

Congratulations!

Befree

Thanks Barry:  I haven't got the plane but I will by tonight, then I'll get your repaint. 

And could you ask John to give us a screenshot up the main strip of Lilydale - I would love to see how the unsealed strip has been treated.

Hey Barry. You win. Does membership of your repaint group involve secret signs and special knowledge.  I have installed many repaints but yours is the most cryptic.  On download all I got was a fuse file, no readme, and no install instructions.  I followed the Andrew Herd approach and cloned a cfg with a new number, but nothing has come up.  I really do think it is ignorance on my part, but I would be grateful for some assistance.  I couldn't find any instructions on the site either, but I can miss the most simple of directions I know.  After all, on the download site the first thing I got was a new ringtone and a pretty girl!

Just make a copy of one of the other texture folders and drop the new fusalge file into it. You will also need to edit the aircrafts config file to view the new paint. There's plenty of tutorials on how to do this around on the net.

You can just drop it into one of the existing texture directories, but of course you will lose the existing fuse.bmp unless you have made a copy of that.

If you can't figure it out just pm me but you'll have to wait til I finish my nightshifts tomorrow night...

I didn't say I was going to make everything easy for you Macca :)

Archived