Take a look at Holger's excellent freeware work

solareagle

This is Holger's Bella Coola Valley freeware package combined with GEX, UTX, Natural World Trees, and FSGenesis 20m mesh.  Bella Coola is available at Avsim.

A big thank you to Holger for creating the awesome Bella Coola package, which is still one of the coolest areas in FSX.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good lord that's one awesome slide show at that link.  I would love to live some place like that being that I'm a huge fan of hiking and meditating in the wilderness, and I can hardly imagine more beautiful part of the world than Canada's west coast. 

Here's a pic of the airport(cybd).  Looks just like FSX!

Posted Image

Hi guys,

thanks for the kind words, solareagle. Great screenshots, too!

A friend of mine used to live in Bella Coola, so J and I went on annual road trips from southern British Columbia to visit her. Those trips inspired me to do that add-on, originally for FS9. It is a beautiful part of our country though it's not easy exploring it. There are a few logging roads but where they end you're in true wilderness and it's bloody steep everywhere  :) That's why touring the area in FS in a floatplane is a lot of fun and you get to see places you'd never get to on foot.

Cheers, Holger

After seeing the above screenies I got Holger's Bella Coola and am mighty pleased with the way it turned out on my rig - as someone said - just like FTX- But with a difference - and a pleasure to fly over and explore. Thank's Holger!! :D

Hotspot

Archived