[ANSWERED] Installing Pacific Fjords

FLighT

• 2 weeks later...

Holger,

Well, the PFJ DVD arrived today, I installed it without a hitch (also the current libs) but when I went to check Orbx Central Reports, Orbx Central had reset itself to Default? As I was flying around Darrington this morning I'm certain I didn't change it.

I just thought I'd mention it.

I've still got to make the PAKT adjustments for my FSGenesis and UTX Alaska addons.

One more thing, installing PFJ and then the libs also resulted in my Lancair Control Panel being thrown out to the desktop from the folder I store it in? I like my desktop clean so I put most shortcuts in folders in My Docs.

Just thought I'd mention this, also.

Hi there,

that FTX Central is set to default when installing a new ORBX region is by design because it needs to by cycled once to fully activate all the changes. I'm pretty sure the installer mentions that.

I'm not sure why a control panel shortcut would get moved to the desktop. Is the Lancair control panel slaved to FTX Central as well?

Cheers, Holger

RE: Orbx Central reset to Default during installation

OK

RE: the Lancair Control Panel

If by slaved you mean does it appear in the list with other control panels for scenery add-ons when I open Orbx Central, the answer is yes. It didn't physically move the shortcut out of the folder it was in, it re-established a new (second) shortcut on the desktop. Note that I did delete it and after opening Orbx Central a couple of times since it has not re-appeared. I'll have to remember to take note and see if it occurs when NRM is released to disc and I install that.

Thanks.

Re the Lancair control panel,

I just installed PFJ from the retail disk and I ended up with the above control panel shortcut on my desktop. I dont have the Lancair at all, so this must be coming from the PFJ disk itself. Not a problem, I just deleted it as it pointed to nothing for me.

Great product though ORBX team, thanks.

That's strange indeed! It must be on the disc, I updated to PNM .003 yesterday and re-applied the current libs and no mystery icon for the Lancair on the desktop so probably not something indigenous to Orbx Central.

Archived