Headwinds and Rooftops

Ken Hall

I was playing around with the real weather,i didn't get the rain and cloud cover I expected but I did get the winds, checked it with the onboard GPS and it gave me a headwind of 10-15 knts, I think it out a bit because when I changed direction my ground speed had a  huge diff in the different directions. I took of at devonport and headed for town, and noticed how slow everything underneath was moving, the headwind seemed much more, so I thought I'd try landing on a rooftop, I have failed this exercise in the helos a number of times, but surprise surprise the trike completed the task in a fraction of what I thought it would take, I still had enough room to take off, without backing up, a couple of pics to back up the claim, not one roof but 2, spiderman eat your heart out.

cheers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you ever want help with the helo landings let me know! worst part about trying a rooftop landing is makingg sure the rooftop is actually landable! Makes for a good time when you approach and then fall right through!  For those who dont already know, if you have your aircraft shadows on, if yourr aircraft casts a shadow on the roof of a building it is landable!

Archived