Parafield and Adelaide International (YPPF and YPAD)

macca22au

I found in one of the threads screenshots of Adelaide and Parafield airports.  They look fantastic, even with the problems that were being discussed.

Where do you get them?  (Remember the old ad).

They are not in the AU freeware 1.1.  Are they available separately or from another site?

I would very much like to have them, as they look awesome in their detail.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the FS9 freeware which does very well even with missing textures.

However the default is pretty bare.

You are doing a great job on small fields, but most GA pilots at one time or another use Moorabbin, Parafield, Archerfield, Jandakot etc etc as part of their training or flying. 

Are these on the program?

You are doing a great job on small fields, but most GA pilots at one time or another use Moorabbin, Parafield, Archerfield, Jandakot etc etc as part of their training or flying. 

Are these on the program?

Jandakot: payware, coming soon

Moorabbin: payware coming early 2009

Archerfield - already in 1.2

Parafield - being planned for maybe 1.3 or 1.4

Essendon, payware, coming early 2009

Many more planned.

It's one thing to create a small field, and Mark Lee can do it with remarkable speed and efficiency. A medium sized GA airfield on the other hand is a different matter. Lilydale took Marty and I about 2 months to complete in between AU BLUE dev work; Mango took about 2 months to make Redcliffe, and I took about 3 months to make YMLT (in my spare time), with help from Rob Byrne, and with 2 buildings ported from FS9 by Rob Neuiwenhoven. John Ross has ported Lismore and a few more of his fields across in 1.2 and I am sure those were not trivial tasks for him either.

I expect most major GA airports will become available either as freeware or payware over the coming 24 months; just don't expect it to happen overnight.

Archived