ENB + REX + FTX AI + TBM at 180 at YMML & YBBN.......phew....

alainneedle1

OK now I'm taking a hit on the FPS.......not as bad as I expected but I lost quite a bit....here is the settings I used....

Posted Image

Now the thing is this, been hit on the FPS I encounted some stutterings but they were not that bad at all, the surprising thing is this....the flight is better from the cockpit....beats me....really... the only hardware I can think of giving me that kind of smoothness is the SSD PCI-e card not having to deal with the SATA bottleneck...cause like I said before even with a low FPS I feel like the rig does not have to stop (pause, stutteringsor slide show type of problems) to take a breather....

If I have to pick the weak link on my rig I'll say it's the GPU.......I guess I will have to buy the upcoming GTX 580 to make sure of it..... ::)

Anyway here are the pics....YNNB first...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Depending of the viewing angle the PFS will be higher or lower but still very flyable...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here I'm coming in at 17 FPS but it did not feel like it that's what is blowing me away...not as smooth as if the FPS were in the upper 30 but very enjoyable for a landing at YBBN with AI on...

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK YMML..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Again depending of the viewing angle the FPS can be higher or lower...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I put this one in cause I think it's a pretty one...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming in at 23 FPS....silk ride...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, as you can see this rig is holding up her end of the bargain pretty good and that's with all sliders to the right but airline traffic as you saw on the top .....

I think I'm done testing....I'll start flying for fun now until something (hardware wise) to good to pass on arrive....

Hi Alain

It looks as if you're almost there but not quite if you experience some stutters.  Your frame rates do seem to vary quite a bit.  In my experience its the variation in frame rates that causes stutters.  At your lowest end, the actual frame rate is not that bad but you're aiming for 40.  Why not set it down a little to say, 30.  This will reduce the gap between the highest and lowest and may well completely eliminate the stutters completely.  Frankly, I don't think you'll see a difference in performance, I certainly can't.  When flying in Europe Photo Scenery, I even have mine locked down to 25 but elsewhere I have it at 30.

Hope it helps.

John

Just curious why do you have the TBM set so high.?

Just for testing, I "wanna" see how far I can push it.....it's not staying at 180 for sure...120 will be high enough.

As far as I can tell the hardware do not have any problems at TBM 180 but I'm sure there is a trade off somewhere.....

Yes mate looks like you are getting there have you tried a different aircraft and if so what are the fps with that are they higher or lower i find a bit of a diffence in frames with different aircraft flying over the the same place but i dont think it will varey much with you set up some good shots and frames no doubt about that.

cheers

Iain

Yes mate looks like you are getting there have you tried a different aircraft and if so what are the fps with that are they higher or lower i find a bit of a diffence in frames with different aircraft flying over the the same place but i dont think it will varey much with you set up some good shots and frames no doubt about that.

cheers

Iain

So far I always used the same plane to test...if I use another plane I may not get the same FPS because of it so I will not be able to see if it's the scenery or the plane giving me a different reading....

I will soon try a payware plane like the Pilatus or a wold war II plane....

Archived