My upgrade for carenado's Mooney!....UPDATE!

Russ White

I see what you fellas mean with the difference between the 2 version's ie FS9 and FSX of the Mooney and the cockpit lighting not being separate as it is in FS9. I think I may have figured this problem out with the Lighting , but I'll need to test so stay tuned.

Cool, let us know what you find out, its not a big deal, but nice to see if there is a fix for this.  I know the overhead dome switch does the same on/off as the panel light dials on the panel. 

I'm still experimenting but to have instrument lighting alone edit your Aircraft.cfg file and  put // in front of the line regarding Light2 ie the fx_vclightcar  I think I can create an fx to reduce the level rather that turn it off completely.

Mango,

In the texture folders for the mooney aircraft you will see a bmp file dedicated to night gauge illumination (cant remember of hand what the file name is, i am at work now so cant look!)

Open this bmp file in photoshop etc and increase the brightness of the gauge illumination masks!

NOTE: you may need to convert the bmp to 32bit first using DXTBMP to be able to edit it, as most of the textures are stored as bmp DXT3 format, which you cant load straight into photoshop.

Hope this helps you mate,

Russ.

Thanks Russ  :) ! I'll have a look into it. All planes in my hangar wrestle with the same problem. F.e. the DA Cheyenne got a nice lightening at dawn/dusk, but it is very strong at night. Well, since i fly much more at late afternoon/dusk than at night, i would prefer it more bright. Nothing beats a nice sunset flight when the FTX lights kick in  8).

I'm re-editing my FS9 Light map as I think I can apply the same to FSX the only problem I seem to have is the effect in FSX is difficult to work with. I be placeing my GNS530 in there as well once I find ALL the references, I seem to have both strobing at present.

. Light map in about 1 Hr from now , OK well it was a bit longer than an Hour BUT I think it it worth it. One of the constraints I don't fully understand is the effect the actual time has on the rendering of the lighting transparency hence there is a slight difference between Night Dawn/Dusk and Day but this may be specific to my Setup.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I'll look into the effects for both FSX and FS9

Sorry i almost forgot...

[Window04]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=560,466

position=0

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

zorder=4

//gauge00=FsGpsCarenado!GPS_500,  0,0,550,466

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,0,550,466

[Vcockpit03]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=256,256

visible=0

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$Money_3

//gauge00=FsGpsCarenado!GPS_500,  0,0,256,215

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,  0,0,256,215

First run the 'GNS WAAS FSX Config' of course.

looks nice Mango!

A word of caution though!

During the creation of the HD Mooney VC i have created "cut-outs" in the dash for all the instruments, so it looks like they are sat in the dash instead of on top of it. This means all the cut-outs are perfectly sized for all the standard instrumentation, and it looks like your GPS mod is a different shape to the stock model! This means you will see a hole in the dash around your new GPS as it is smaller than stock and will not fill the hole i created that fits the original!

The cockpit is now undergoing final preperation!

Russ.

Archived