Holger mesh

Rimshot

Hey guys,

Since the release of PNW I've upped my mesh settings in FSX to 2m, but now I want to fly in Australia again. Will Holger mesh still be better compared to default mesh at these high settings? I also ask because there is no mention of Holger mesh in the manual of the FTX Australia SP3 DVD. Actually it is adviced there not to go higher than 10m, to avoid pointy hills. Is this advice with Holgermesh in mind? Or should I just remember to downscale my mesh for Australia to 10m, and up it again when I return to PNW or PFJ? To make it short, what is the most realistic mesh situation for FTX Australia? (I have used Holger mesh before at 10m if I remember correctly, but decided to uninstall because I found out one of the runways at Essendon was elevated).

Thanks for the reply Wolter, but I'm still confused. What about this remark in the manual of Australia DVD SP3?

your mesh resolution should be set to 10m to correctly view the sand ridges – setting mesh to 5m will create ‘pointy’ ridges which will look odd

Will this not also happen if I set my resolution to 2m? I don't want things to look odd.

And are there more issues (if it is an issue, it might be correct as well) as shown in the YMEN pics below? The first is with default FSX mesh, the second with HolgerMesh, both at 2m resolution. You can clearly see that there is a weird elevation in front of runway 26 with HolgerMesh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived