Runway overlay at YMLT

Hank

Hi,

Could someone please help with this continueing problem.  I have deleted...re-installed ... deleted and reinstalled the latest YMLT download from this website. I've tried 15m , 10m, 5m  10cm  7cm  and 2cm  combinations for the texture settings, all to no avail. What could be wrong?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've also installed the latest ORBXLIBS as instructed.  It's very weird.

Cheers

Hank

This happens with some airports on some computers and not others and we do not know why. I've created a modified APX which forces the runway to sit at the correct level and that should fix your problem.

Just drop this APX file into your ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_AIRPORTS/Scenery folder, overwriting the existing one, and you should be ok.

ORBX_YMLT_APX.zip

Some people are just ever so clever.. I don't know how you computer wizards come up with these solutions,

but thank goodness you do.

Thank you so much Graham for the quick response, and the correct solution.  YMLT looks good now. I do

most of my flying from there at the moment... until the Kman gets Devonport up and running. Though his

Wynyard looks fantastic at the moment as well and so will be spending quite a bit of time there as well.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Cheers

Hank

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

is there any way to get the APX file as download?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Hi Michael,

For support query's please be so kind and add your ordernumber(s) to your sig.

Info on how to do that you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

But I don't have FS Global and also no other mesh addon in this area, except for the ORBX freeware Australia mesh, so this solution doesn't work for me :-(

I think mentioned APX file could be a solution for me, but how to get it ?

Tank you

Christian

It works - partly. The runway itself is now usable, but to the left and right the terrain is slightly (about 2-3ft) higher and hence the grass is floating and at the taxiwa at the beginning of Rwy 32L there are two 2-3ft bumps in the asphalt. It looks like the runway, taxiways and aprons have to be 2-3ft higher. But at least the runway is usable now.

It´s strange, because on my old computer the installation was OK.

Thank you for the file

Christian

• 7 months later...

Hey all, got the same problem following a complete, careful step by step reinstall of FSX and all (the latest) add-ons (see my signature). This is also a completely new PC - solely dedicated to FSX. As far as I can remember these "YMLT irregularities" didn´t show up immediately - and - I´m quite sure they were associated with the installation of FS Global Ultimate (a few days after having the ORBX libraries all in place). However. installing the above ORBX_YMLT_APX helped and things are looking fine - at a first glance.

Again - thank´s for this dedicated support. That´s what makes ORBX different !!

Hi GL_FSX,

I can recommend that for the AU series you install Holger's mesh for Australia ( available here => http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html ) and deactivate the Oceania area in FS Global , this to avoid conflicts.

Also please check that you have all updates and patches for your sceneries ( available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html ) and please make sure that you install the latest library files last of all.

Archived