AU Blue and AU Gold texture folders

ahaka

Hello orbx team!

Just a quick question about the FTX texture folders.

In the ORBX folder of FTX AU, there are these folders:

FTXAU28_CUSTOM

FTXAU48_CUSTOM

Is one of these for BLUE and one for GOLD, or do these two products use textures from both folders?

In other words, does each FTX release have their own individual custom folder for terrain textures, and do not use any of the textures in other custom folders?

The reason I ask is if I want to edit some seasonal textures from AU GOLD for example, will it only effect AU GOLD area. I dont want to mess up other regions.

Hope I could explain it clearly enough  ::)

Regards,

Antti

ahaka just open the FTXAU48_CUSTOM folder and then open the Scenery folder and you will see that it's Blue related and the FTXAU28_CUSTOM is Gold related so I would say from a guess that the second part of your question is correct as you stated. Just open up the other swag of folder in there and you will see just what files are related to the different areas.

Just a word of caution ahaka - the Orbx FTX textures are propietory and copyright (and made from licensed imagery to which Orbx has strict usage terms attached) and may not be edited or manipulated in any way without our permission (which we don't give :) ).

Under no circumstances are you to share any modified Orbx textures with anyone, as that is a clear breach of the EULA or terms of use.

Archived