Anyone ever had popping mesh?

Ryan Mason

Well I have been trying on my own to solve this issue I have been having, while it appears like stutters, I have constant FPS of a reasonable level, however on take off and landing the gound mesh seems to pop at me, coming up close then falling away, see attached video, it looks like stutters, but it's purely the ground and not the whole FSX display, in the video when approaching the runway I am full down collective with no RPM.  While I should still have forward speed, you will see as I get lower you actually see the helicopter seem to raise up again, this is with zero input from me, the aircraft should have fallen out of the sky for almost the whole runway.  I am hoping someone in the community might have had it happen to them and figured out a solution.  Cheers

My guess Ryan, is that this relates to a lag in loading higher LOD mesh ... mainly a function of HDD speed / memory bandwidth.

I'm not sure how much anticipation is built into the system, but it would seem likely that if there is any it is probably tailored to fixed wing a/c rather than helis. (ie horizontal flight, rather than vertical descent)

A sudden drop down, and the higher LOD mesh is a bit slow to be loaded.

I could be wrong.

Problem being Ian, I have tried so many things, changing LOD levels, changing mesh levels, activating/deactivating each scenery/mesh bit by bit arrgghh the list goes on.  It has only developed in the last 2 months :(

Paul, I tried the cfg to no avail, I will have a look at the pre rendered frames and see what that says, it's so bizzare because I never mess with my settings and it just appeared all of a sudden and has stayed with me :(

What does your altimeter show when the mesh is moving? Is it static or moving. What I am wondering is the terrain moving up and down or is the helicopter moving up and down without you doing it?

You might have thermals if that's the case since you only started using CumulusX a short while ago.

You might have thermals if that's the case since you only started using CumulusX a short while ago.

That's a very good point, I have experienced quite sudden and odd seeming altitude changes at times when using cumulusx which can seem like something is wrong. Ryan - do you have Ezdok this could also be something to consider as a possible cause of strange movements, although your description somes like graphics glitches?

Archived