HMMM, a foggy morning in Melbourne...

martinc

Current ML ATIS

MELBOURNE TERMINAL INFORMATION WHISKEY

Approach: EXPECT ILS APPROACH

Runway: 16 FOR ARRS. RWY 27 FOR DEPS

Operational Info: LOW VISIBILITY OPERATIONS IN PROGRESS.

TWY CLOSURES AS PER NOTAMS

Wind: 220/8

RVR: RVR 930 M RWY 27 AT TIME 0028.

RVR 840 M RWY 16 AT TIME 0030

Weather: FG

Cloud: OVERCAST 002

Temperature: 8

QNH: 1028

Good time to jump on VATSIM and see if you can get into ML this morning.

Cheers

Adam

MMM, the tower keeps calling the vis distances...and its getting less and less, but its a weird old morning, the fog is really patchy...we came into work about 7:00am and one minute it was clear, the next it was falling like snow...

The fogs taking its toll....

Light plane crashes off runway at Bankstown AirportArticle from:Ā  Submit comment Steve Gee

June 03, 2008 10:18am

A PILOT was lucky to escape unharmed after a light plane crashed off the runway at Bankstown Airport, south-west of Sydney, today.

The crash came as parts of Sydney was blanketed in heavy fog, forcing the temporary cancellation of ferries and causing traffic chaos.

Emergency crews were called to the airport about 7.30am after a twin engine aircraft skidded off the runway following a mishap on take-off.

The plane finished bogged in mud and grass before the pilot climbed free, unhurt.

Bankstown Airport spokeswoman Meredith Laverty said it was unclear what caused the crash.

The airport was blanketed in light rain, but there was no indication conditions played any role in the mishap.

The accident forced the closure of one runway, however, the airport remained operational.

"We are recovering the aircraft at the moment ... just moving it to a safer spot," she said.

No worries,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Yeah, A/S looks pretty accurate. I was just down on the street at 12:50pm local time and there is still a bit hanging around. Nice chilly start to winter.....

Cheers

MC

found this interesting.

YMML was obviously IFR so I decided to go to YLIL which had a window..tons of traffic!Ā  these on the ground and another 5 in air waiting

That was one of my most fun flights yet.

Posted Image

YMML looks fantastic John..close to release?? and of course Active Sky enhances FS so much. I hope for some cloud or weather every time I log on.. and usually there is something to make the flights interesting. Teecee.

Archived