Preloaded new computer

Kilstorm

I might speak for all who have seen John V's video blogs and the smooth performance he can get while showing us viewers around new scenery areas.  There is no magic to it, a very well tuned system can get the user there but for many, OC'ing might seem a bit outside of what they feel they can do.

I know, here in the USA there is CyberpowerPC which will build a system to your specs and OC it.  they even sell systems themed to video games like this one:

Posted Image

How nice would it be if the Orbx team could pair up with these kinds of wholesalers and pre-loaded Orbx software and FSX on a OC system that is ready to run right out of the box.  You buy the system, get it, open it and when you turn it on, you have a fully loaded, ready to go system that has been modified to run FS with great results.

If you already own Orbx stuff, just provide your FSS info on each item and it will get installed without having to re-buy it.  I'm sure there is a marketing angle for both Orbx and any computer retailer/wholesaler for something like this.

Probably because orbx is into providing scenery at the best quality for price paid and not rip the Flight simmer of by over charging for PC or components, the Sales base in Australia is just too small I suspect.

There is already a partnership with Flight Sim Store don't forget.

I would personally build quality matched component PC's for Gamers if there was a demand but in Australia there just isn't I don't think, certainly not when compared to the US.

There are some places like gamedude that make wild claims but after sorting out some issues with a supposedly top range PC preloaded I found things to be WAY off the mark.

I have built some custom machines for PC Racer's and have not had any beefs or complaints from them.

Yes, there a several small businesses in the UK that'll offer to build a PC to your own specs and put anything you want on it for you.  There are two I know of in sleepy old Somerset and if the one I've had build my last couple of computers are anything to go by their prices are not that untoward.

The services do exist and I'm sure if asked the guys in Australia would do the same for you.  The secret is to play a bit dim.  Mind you, that's not difficult for me! ;);D

John

If there was an ORBX endorsed pre loaded with everything Orbx / REX pre OC'd Super gaming PC option available I would be very interested. (I already own most orbx software)

Have been contemplating a new build from Scorptec or other Melbourne based gaming pc providers however the prospect of having to reinstall everything and then tweak and defrag and tweak does not inspire... Also the myriad of options for hardware is so vast that it is just too bloody hard to settle on anything and having thrown significant cash at builds in the past and found them to be lacking when put to the ybbn / ymml test I really don't want to be disappointed particularly with this kind of expenditure.

I would consider dropping 4 -6 k for the right build pre-loaded with orbx goodness, W7 64bit and configured to fly.

No monitor or peripherals required.

Archived